Ride height question?

Swetrid

Established Member
Anyone know how much lower the Performance Pack GT is then regular GT? I tried the search function and couldn't find a definitive answer.

Last edited:

Get_Nervous

Anyone know how much lower the Performance Pack GT is then regular GT? I tried the search function and couldn't find a definitive answer.

I dont believe there is a difference. If there is it is less then 1/2" The differences that I know of are larger radiator, strut tower brace, brembro brakes, heavy duty springs, beefier rear sway bar, different gears, different tires and some extra gauges. I was looking at the two side by side when I bought mine and they really didnt look any different in height.

Get_Nervous

I take that back... Did some digging and the Performance Pack GT comes with the suspension handling pack #M-FR3A-M8 so it would be 1" lower then a stock GT

DBegley

The Mustang GT with PP did NOT come with the Ford Track package as listed above. (M-FR3A-M8 ) It did come with the Ford Performance Street Handling Pack (M-FR3A-MA) except for the Springs. So to get the ride height for the Street package you would have to get these springs M-5300-X from Ford. I have not been able to find out how much these springs will lower the car over the stock PP setup. If it drops the height at all.
This is the text from the Ford Parts web page below.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-MA
NOTE: Mustangs that originally came equipped with the Performance Pack option only need to purchase the M-5300-X Street Lowering Springs to achieve the lowered ride height or upgrade to the M-FR3A-M8 Track Handling Pack.

Users who are viewing this thread