ride height:convertible Terminator

RoadRunner&Terminator

Established Member
I’ve got an 04 convertible with coil overs on all four corners and I’m setting the ride height. I’d like to benchmark against a car with high end springs already installed.

If you’ve got a rag top with eibachs or h&r springs could you provide me with a measurement from the floor to the fender mid point on the cars body?

Let me know what rim diameter and wheel size you’re running as well and if you’ve removed the spring isolators

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Why don't you just set it where you like it then adjust from there? I had H&R's on my coupe and liked how it looked, but I went a little lower with the coilovers. At first a little too low as it was scraping on everything. I bumped it up a little and it's good now for the most part.

RoadRunner&Terminator

Established Member
I set it and Have been driving around at about 25 3/4” for some time. It’s too low.

I just raised it today to about 26 3/4” and it still looks good but drives much better

Just wanted a benchmark height from companies that have r&d’d the suspension instead of going by what looks good to my eye. From there I’ll tweak by small increments possibly

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I set it and Have been driving around at about 25 3/4” for some time. It’s too low. I just raised it today to about 26 3/4” and it still looks good but drives much better.

Just wanted a benchmark height from companies that have r&d’d the suspension instead of going by what looks good to my eye. From there I’ll tweak by small increments possibly
You really can't go by a company's ride height spec because there are areas where the terrain is fairly flat (like southern California) and other areas that are hilly, and then you have the driveway itself. Some driveways are flat, or fairly flat with a minimal incline, and others that have a high curb or high incline. They don't change their ride heights based on the above. You have coil-overs which is awesome, because you're not locked into a height spec.

Here's my best advice for you. Set the coil-overs and height to where you think it would be good. Like maybe an inch less than the factory height. Eyeball it, and then drive around and see how much ground clearance you have. It's helpful to have a passenger who can help at this point. If you're happy with the settings at that point, call it a day. If you've got more than sufficient clearance and you still want to drop the height a bit more, re-adjust the coil-overs and repeat the above process until you've got it set where there is both sufficient ground clearance (especially driveways) and the height is appealing to your eye.

Users who are viewing this thread