RI Inspection

jrh99

Established Member
I just picked up this 93 Cobra and it's got long-tube headers and an off-road X pipe, not to mention dark tint. What are my chances of passing an inspection? :dw:

If anybody can help me with this little problem I'd be more than very thankful!

elijah

Established Member
My guess is it would be about twenty bucks at a shady inspection station away. :)

saleenkid01

Established Member
if u still got cats u have a small chance of passing, but probably still wont, but with the tint, u definately dont have a chance. it cost me alot more than 20 bucks to get my sticker. but i also have alot more than tint, headers, and x-pipe too

jrh99

Established Member
if u still got cats u have a small chance of passing, but probably still wont, but with the tint, u definately dont have a chance. it cost me alot more than 20 bucks to get my sticker. but i also have alot more than tint, headers, and x-pipe too

I've got no cats and certainly no chance of passing without a 'helping hand'. I have a few leads to follow up on as soon as I get some dry weather on the weekend :cuss:. One is supposedly $75 and the other is $100... I'd suppose that's about the going rate.

If I still lived in MA this would be soooo much easier. :bash:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I just picked up this 93 Cobra and it's got long-tube headers and an off-road X pipe, not to mention dark tint. What are my chances of passing an inspection? :dw:

If anybody can help me with this little problem I'd be more than very thankful!

head to Woonsocket, $$$ talks there....:coolman:

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
i'm pretty sure you'll pass the sniffer. Mine did with flying colors (shorties with an o/r x), but they failed on the visual. So either swap out the x for something with cats, or pull out your wallet and find a shady place.

jrh99

Established Member
So far I'm having a real tough time having anybody come through on a sticker hook up.
I'll actually rip the tint off if I have to, I'd rather not... but if it's got to go, it's got to go.

If I just replace the off-road X with some catted X will the MAC long tubes still fail me? I really don't want a failed sticker on my carfax history. What's the cheapest catted pipe I could pick up? Does anybody that's local have a used one that they'd like to sell? It's getting down to crunch time due to the 10 day limit!

Users who are viewing this thread