• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

RI Inspection

Discussion in 'New England' started by jrh99, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jrh99

jrh99 Member Established Member

I just picked up this 93 Cobra and it's got long-tube headers and an off-road X pipe, not to mention dark tint. What are my chances of passing an inspection? :dw:

If anybody can help me with this little problem I'd be more than very thankful!

2. elijah

elijah New Member Established Member

My guess is it would be about twenty bucks at a shady inspection station away. :)

3. saleenkid01

saleenkid01 Member Established Member

if u still got cats u have a small chance of passing, but probably still wont, but with the tint, u definately dont have a chance. it cost me alot more than 20 bucks to get my sticker. but i also have alot more than tint, headers, and x-pipe too

4. jrh99

I've got no cats and certainly no chance of passing without a 'helping hand'. I have a few leads to follow up on as soon as I get some dry weather on the weekend :cuss:. One is supposedly $75 and the other is $100... I'd suppose that's about the going rate.

If I still lived in MA this would be soooo much easier. :bash:

5. Tom's_03SVT

Tom's_03SVT Well-Known Member Established Member

head to Woonsocket, $$$ talks there....:coolman:

6. saleenkid01

saleenkid01 Member Established Member

yea, that sounds about the going rate.

7. 670 of 4993

670 of 4993 Head Colostomizer Established Member

i'm pretty sure you'll pass the sniffer. Mine did with flying colors (shorties with an o/r x), but they failed on the visual. So either swap out the x for something with cats, or pull out your wallet and find a shady place.

8. jrh99

So far I'm having a real tough time having anybody come through on a sticker hook up.
    I'll actually rip the tint off if I have to, I'd rather not... but if it's got to go, it's got to go.

If I just replace the off-road X with some catted X will the MAC long tubes still fail me? I really don't want a failed sticker on my carfax history. What's the cheapest catted pipe I could pick up? Does anybody that's local have a used one that they'd like to sell? It's getting down to crunch time due to the 10 day limit!