Reviews or Track Times?

dplieth

Established Member
Yep I agree I have waited this long, just hoping it is worth it. I’ve actually seen one about two weeks ago, it’s a really good looking car, guy that owned it had owned a gt350 and said he was very impressed with it.

R1Lello

Established Member
The first HP Mach that will be for sale to the public ran down the line earlier this month. So at this point nobody has a HP Mach. I know the gentleman getting it so when he does I'll post up some shots. Just an FYI, you can actually order a RSD but if you did it would have bumped your order to a later date due to whatever commodity issue Ford claims to be having.

Here's the car...

View attachment 1694395

View attachment 1694396

View attachment 1694397

View attachment 1694398
Front nose colour diff than the rest of the car? Very noticeable. Disregard - jumped too quickly and didn’t see the protective film

01silverstang

Established Member
B5CEF9E3-857B-4678-83D5-87FA42EC42DA.jpeg

$10k ADM in St. Charles, IL…

To me the only thing this really has going for it over a GT is the Tremec Manual, this one was a 10-speed… there is an ass for every seat but no way would I pay over MSRP for an auto Mach.

01silverstang

Established Member
True! The new Mach 1 just lacks, IMO, a true Mach 1 look. Or enough styling cues to heavily differentiate it from a GT.
I agree, the 03/04 Mach 1 utilized a 32 Valve V8 shared with the Cobra, and had the shaker hood.

Would have been cool to see the Mach replace the GT350 with the revised 5.2 and a shaker.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I think its a great package but its quite pricey. It is crazy how close it is to the MSRP of a GT350. I do think the 5.0 is superior to the 5.2, in terms of torque and reliability. I was talked out of a 5.2 for the track by KohR by Dean Martin because he told me the FPC was so unreliable.

THUNDERCHICKEN

Established Member
Yes they get you for over sticker for sure all performance cars especially because of demand and the chips are holding them up, thank you Chinese bums oin China playing games . I love mine but No CD player although I’m looking into a plug and play CD for $300

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think its a great package but its quite pricey. It is crazy how close it is to the MSRP of a GT350. I do think the 5.0 is superior to the 5.2, in terms of torque and reliability. I was talked out of a 5.2 for the track by KohR by Dean Martin because he told me the FPC was so unreliable.
Can you still buy a GT350? If you could I’d order one at MSRP today.
Everything is expensive now, so that being said, the Mach 1 is a fair deal IMHO.
I’d eventually like one to DD a HP package model with a Tremec manual. One of the best S550 models for sure
-J

72SBC

Established Member
Can you still buy a GT350? If you could I’d order one at MSRP today.
Everything is expensive now, so that being said, the Mach 1 is a fair deal IMHO.
I’d eventually like one to DD a HP package model with a Tremec manual. One of the best S550 models for sure
-J
That’s exactly what I’m doing. I have no regrets. Even in Sport mode the suspension is soft enough not beat you up. Like I said In the other thread, I was pulling away from 350’s out of the turns, plus I didn’t burn any oil while they were adding quarts in between sessions lol. It’s truly best of both worlds, you don’t have to sacrifice the low end torque with the 5.2 and you get the handling of a gt350. Considering a loaded PP1 is in the 50’s now, you might as well get a Mach and get the extra goodies. The exhaust sounds great too. It’s a well made package.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread