Review of theusualsuspect's foam mirror inserts

asierra1

Established Member
Review of qick88lx's foam mirror inserts

To start, I've been plagued with the "shaking mirror" problem since I took ownership of my 03 Cobra. It has been extremely annoying to say the least. I've caught myself looking through the rear view mirror instead of risking a seizure from glancing at the side mirrors when changing lanes. Upon discovery of qick88lx's remedy, I figured what the heck? It's worth a shot for $10. Well I'm here to say it was ten bucks well spent. Installation was pretty simple. I did, however, have to use a screwdriver to help get the clips to let go. Once the install was complete, I went for a test drive, and was very pleased to see the mirror shake was completely gone. Well, I decided to take it a step further. I found the bumpiest road in all of Louisiana... the section of I-20 between the industrial and diamond jacks blvd exits. I've bottomed the car out going 80 from the uneven surface, so this was a good place to test out the new mod. Guess what? ZERO SHAKE. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. It cured the mirror shake problem 100%. Because of the low cost and high success I've had, I would highly recommend this to anyone who cares about their car, whether you have the shake or not.

Give them a shot! You wont be disappointed.

thanks for reading :banana:

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome! Can't wait to get mine. I wonder what SVT/Ford did to inherit this problem. My 01 mirrors don't shake a bit.

asierra1

Established Member
Really? My 98 gt was pretty bad. The mirror glass actually fell out a few times lol. I'm very pleased with these foam pieces.

asierra1

Established Member
No sorry. It's pretty straight forward. Just be careful not to break the plastic. A screwdriver made removal a breeze. Simply take the old thin foam out and replace with the new thicker pads. Line up the plastic clips and push gently on the center of the mirror to snap it in place.

cj428mach

Established Member
i may have to drop the cash on these and put them on the shelf for the future. Right now mine don't shake a bit but my old SB car shook pretty good. This is money well spent.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I just installed mine this evening.. haven't driven it yet but i can already tell the drivers mirror is much better!

ctgreddy

Established Member
Who do I have to pm to get these? my drivers mirror shakes like crazy and it drives me insane!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I must be lucky. My mirrors are rock solid. Good info though if I ever develop an issue.

Pruitt146

Established Member
I installed these as well and zero shake. This is the best $10 I ever spent on a car. If you go to his ad in the for sale section he has pics with step by step instructions.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Got mine in today! Going to try and get them on this week. Did you all replace both mirrors or just the one flapping around? Only my drivers side mirror shakes.

Users who are viewing this thread