Review of SLP Loud mouth 1 exhaust with and without SLP POWER-flo mufflers

srt4tocobra

Established Member
Well when I bought the car it had SLP longtubes, SLP un-catted X-pipe, and the loud mouth 1 cat back. The LM1 system is so loud that you cannot hear any blower whine til right before redline. AT around 2600 rpm the exhaust note would become very raspy. I like a little attention but this was ridiculous. So I ordered some SLP power-flo mufflers from americanmuscle.com with the discount probably the cheapest place you can find them. I installed them and now I am absolutely in love with the car once again. It screams top end and on top of that I can actually hear my supercharger around 3500 rpm to redline. I love them. The car had the modular exhaust system on it which means that it was clamped so you can switch between the mufflers and the resonators, so when you are at the track and want to make the person in the other lane ears bleed through them on, and then when you are driving around the street the mufflers don't draw nearly as much attention. This is especially helpful if cops around your neighborhood do sound testing..... I will post a sound clip of the car with the mufflers installed. By far that was the best $200 that I ever spent on my car. :rockon:

04taxi

Established Member
Sound clips would be great! I have an SLP catback w/ stock H-Pipe and looking for a different sound. Does it sound like Mac at all! I like the way mac sounds but have heard about all the fitmit issues.

68gtscode

Established Member
I'll be an monkey's uncle... I had an SLP Loudmouth 1 on my car... it was too loud for my taste. I wound up buying a Magnaflow (which I really like) after SLP told me I could not intall the power flow mufflers on my Cobra! They said only the LM 2s would fit... sounds like they were wrong?! Did you have any fitment issues?

Matt

Ralo

Established Member
My off road x and lm1's are the same way. Mine is raspy at mid rpms and I can't hear the blower till about 4500 or so either. Thinking about seeing what a hpipe would do for me.

bmxer89

Established Member
Sweet, I have slp lm1 and o/r and I always keep thinking of changing. I know what you mean right around 2600 rpm sounds, I hate it.

Mystic03

Established Member
i had same problem hated the rasp from my bassani x switched to mac prochamber and was the best decision yet :beer:

another_hero

Established Member
i have the SLP 1 with off road X also. I want to get the Borla Stingers and I'm going to sell what I have now, How much do you guys think I can get out of the X and Mufflers. I love the sound but i hate not being able to hear that supercharger.

Here is a sound clip of my wife going to the store...

[ame=http://s375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/jsnow423/?action=view&current=MOV02227.flv]MOV02227.flv video by jsnow423 - Photobucket[/ame]

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Sounds good, but what you didnt see was her doing donuts and a big smokey burnout behind the store. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread