REVIEW: Everything Wrong With A 5.0 Coyote Engine

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
"talking about a 5.4" image on screen is a 3.5 EcoBoost.

That guy kept inferring the damage was due to synthetic oil....when we see a fram filter on it and know it was ran on some oil a guy made in his bathtub. I thought I was watching CNN.

All true.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
2vs are turds. Lol. 3vs are jokes.
Stock..absolutely. Look at an old stock 5.0 from 87-93.. Like anything they sure can be seriously improved on.

My good buddy's built bottom end/Trick Flow heads/cams/intake/YSi Vortech 2V is no joke..and sounds evil doing it.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Coyote sounds like total ass compared to earlier modular Ford v8s... no doubt about it.

My advice to all coyote owners.. LEAVE THE MUFFLERS ON!! JFC, no muffler deletes PLEASE!

Agree.

I installed catback Borla Stingers on my '01 Bullitt. I thought it took a great sounding car and made it fantastic.

Exhaust on my '20 GT is the stock active exhaust. While it sounds OK, and is fun to play with, it can't hold a candle to the sound of my '01 Bullitt.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Man i was at a friends house last weekend and his neighbor has a new charger with muffler deletes. Sounded horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They sound awful on the highway too when the engine goes into 4 cyl mode.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I rarely get V8 Fords in our shop with engine issues which is odd because there are so many out there. When I do get them it is usually 3V F150s with cam phaser issues and it is due to poor oil quality and lack of regular maintenance causing oil starvation and thus the problem that occurs regularly on them that equates to a death sentence. This issue is actually common across all motors with VVT from what I have seen. I get more BMWs and Hondas in with VVT issues than I do Fords. I have a few customers with 3V F150s and they come in for regular maintenance utilizing specific oil and Motorcraft filters only and they are beyond 150k on their trucks with no ticking present. I've talked to engine suppliers about it and the concensus is that you just need to be strict on oil changes and the materials you use to avoid VVT issues, and that goes for any car with VVT. You also need to run the hell out of it often to prevent deposits from building up.

Users who are viewing this thread