REVIEW: Everything Wrong With A 5.0 Coyote Engine

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
My best guess is that the guy who owned that engine ran cheap oil, cheap filter, and it went low causing the damage.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Bashing the 3V is a favorite pastime for the kids in the Mustang FB groups. Interesting that the builder noted it was his favorite engine and "bullet proof."

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Bashing the 3V is a favorite pastime for the kids in the Mustang FB groups. Interesting that the builder noted it was his favorite engine and "bullet proof."

I think he was talking about the 2V, which is tough as nails but def on the weak side for modern standards (it was actually weak sauce when new).

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill have to watch this one later.

My experience is they check out around the 900whp mark in stock form lol

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, but the 2v sounded sexy AF

and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

They do! When I built mine with heads/cam it wasn’t the fastest but damn if it wasn’t sexy af. For what it was, a stripped down gt, it would haul the mail too. Just enough power to not overpower the drs but it would hook and book until I’d get overtaken around 70ish by higher hp cars.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
No doubt that, all other things held equal, you're better off starting with a Coyote than a 4.6. But, if you're looking to swap, it's not so cut and dry when you factor in cost-to-HP. Which way makes the most sense comes down to HP goals.

And, oh yea, the 4.6s always sound better . . . even the 3v. So much easier to get that low, loud rumble with the 4.6 versus the rasp tendencies of the Coyote.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Coyote sounds like total ass compared to earlier modular Ford v8s... no doubt about it.

My advise to all coyote owners.. LEAVE THE MUFFLERS ON!! JFC, no muffler deletes PLEASE!
Leave the deletes to the Mopar guys.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I don't get the 2v(PI) hate. Drop in cams and 3.73s in my full weight 01 trapped 108mph on the same night my buddy was trapping 107mph in a 6speed ws6. That was nearly 20 years ago.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't get the 2v(PI) hate. Drop in cams and 3.73s in my full weight 01 trapped 108mph on the same night my buddy was trapping 107mph in a 6speed ws6. That was nearly 20 years ago.
That’s about what mine did back in the day. I had an 04 GT with 4.10’s and exhaust and some cams and would run 12.7-12.8’s at 108 mph. She sounded great too! I had a different GT that had exhaust/3.73 and a mongoose kit that ran about the same et and mph. Now I have nothing that’s quick :(

Users who are viewing this thread