Revenge

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
WRX:loser: vs. 03 Cobra

Actually it wasn't a race. Over the last year or so there has been this Black WRX going the same way I am to work. He works at a Subaru dealer approximately 1/2 a mile from my house. When I had my GT he would always show off but never race. He would either do a fly by, wait and not turn or not wait for me to get next to him for a rolling start. All show and no go. I always felt it would be a great race but after repeated attempts to setup a good race it became an aggravation.

Well today was different. I am waiting to turn left with no cars around, low and behold little WRX rolls up behind me. I notice in my rearview mirror he is smirking and chatting with his girl. I make the left turn when the light turns green and get all the way over in the right lane he follows. I am going granny speed trying not to get out of the range of 2nd. He jerks his car into the middle lane (I guess to show off his body roll) and proceeds to go by me at a moderate speed; apparently he does not want to race, well too freaking bad. I allowed him to get 2 -3 car lengths ahead of me down shifted to 2nd and punched it. I gave him plenty of time to react, spool up his turbo or whatever, and to be honest I don't know if he punched it or not. I went by him so fast I almost ripped off that new sticker he had put on. Some may disagree with me but I am calling this a kill or at least I earned some well needed respect.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I like the WRX but you've been killing that guy by intimidation since Day 1. :thumbsup: If he didn't want to run against the GT there is nooooo way he's playing with the snake...lol :burnout:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
I always got the feeling he felt it wasn't worth his time. There was one day a couple of months ago he pulled off one of his amazing fly by's that I almost stoped off at the dealer on my way home to call him out, but I thought na I just wait and be patient. Guess it paid off...Man I love this car, took care of business in 2nd gear by the time I hit 3rd he was a little speck on my rear view mirror.

I too like the WRX. it is quit the amazing little car and AWD to boot. Maybe some day he can pull his head out of the sand and we can get a good race. I certainly would have a lot more respect for him if he ran me and lost than playing this cat and mouse game.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I wouldn't call it a kill, I would say you did the samething to him that he had been doing to in your GT. :bored:

Next time, fly up on his ass and then pace him, he'll get the idea and have to either bow down or race.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
I would say you did the samething to him that he had been doing to in your GT.

Suppose you are right...Its just there isn't much room before he turns off into his place of work to get setup. There is only enough space to make the turn, get side by side, and nail it. Feeling he was at a disadvantage I opted to give him a head start but that probably confused him. :smmon: Next time I will try to use better race etiquette...

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
I like the WRX but you've been killing that guy by intimidation since Day 1. :thumbsup: If he didn't want to run against the GT there is nooooo way he's playing with the snake...lol :burnout:

This may sound stupid but what if you took all the SVT decals off your stang and replaced them with a 6cyl mustang decals and what not....o wouldn't taht be fun to see

Mustfang

Established Member
My wife let me trade her WRX for the 03 Cobra !

I had that ricer pumped to 280 hp and there ain't no way it could ever touch an 03 Cobra. It weighed like 3085 lbs. so it was tossable and I won some stoplight drags against normal GT Stangs.....but the Cobra is just stupid fast. My wife was way cool about it. I gave her a 2001 BMW 525ia sport for being so cool !! I would call what you did to that WRX as a " Warning Shot " over his hood ! As in, you play and you're gonna pay !:coolman:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO @ Shadow

Nyk, I've heard of people who have done that...lol They'd change the wheels and shave the badges off of their car and some replace it with a base model's badging. I suppose its a good way to rope some into a race they may not run otherwise.

EDIT: But if I had an SVT I'd let the world know about it...lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread