Revan Racing at Sebring VIDEO LOADED

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm not sure if you guys realize the type of driver Van is, he's very versed on the road course. A driver with his skill can rise to the occasion of putting all of the GT500's attributes and short comings to the test and make it all work as the video shows plainly. A good driver feels the car and compensates prior to failure, he did speak of under steer and putting power down, he just drove the wheels off it!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I'm not sure if you guys realize the type of driver Van is, he's very versed on the road course. A driver with his skill can rise to the occasion of putting all of the GT500's attributes and short comings to the test and make it all work as the video shows plainly. A good driver feels the car and compensates prior to failure, he did speak of under steer and putting power down, he just drove the wheels off it!

we all know that bud....we are just being sarcastic because so far everyone ( camaro fans, euro mags, etc) believes the car cant do anything on a road course....we know Van is awesome and drivers like him really make the car shine :beer:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Great video and it's nice to see the car doing something other then drag racing.

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
Awesome!!!

VERY, VERY nice! So far, this new '13 Shelby GT500 has far exceeded my expectations in EVERY way imagineable! :-D

Thank you for sharing this awesome video Van! Good luck to you and please keep the updates rolling. :beer:

BTW, I LOVE the color combination of your new BEAST...so BADASS! :rockon:

rdsnk46

Established Member
we all know that bud....we are just being sarcastic because so far everyone ( camaro fans, euro mags, etc) believes the car cant do anything on a road course....we know Van is awesome and drivers like him really make the car shine :beer:

I know man, after the "What does it take to go 9's" thread I have a feeling some owners are forgetting the most important part of going fast in a GT500, the driver.

The "Trinity" 2013 GT500 is the best of the best but it will not drive itself. I cant stress the importance of the driver ability here...Van makes it look like a walk in the park.:beer:

Kudos to Van!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hold up...wait....Van clearly past by the section that had cones.......what the hell man ! I mean were you not to race around the *CONES* ?? This whole thing smells fishy to me...Yeah it really was Pro race car with the cam on...Everyone knows that a GT500 has issues going around cones in a parking lot....how could it drive on a real track ????

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Nice work Van!!! Sure looks like a lot more fun than drag racing.....Those 2 laps equal more time than my last 30 passes...and that was probablt 10 trips to the track..

I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get mine!

Van@RevanRacing

That didn't look like a 2001 Z06........were my eyes decieving me ?
Excellent video, by the way.........and great driving to boot !!!! :rockon:

Definitely a 2001 Z06. Danny (driver) is a buddy of mine and I've run with him a number of times.

+1

I also find this video hard to believe since the GT500 has crazy body roll, its hard to shift, the antiquated SRA is useles, the tires are narrow, the power cant be put down, tough to handle, tall gears are weird,etc......:kaboom:

LOL I detect your sarcasm.......

Looked good van. Was that with traction control on and advance trac on or were they turned off.

-Cameron

OFF

Thanks Andy!

Thanks devious!

VERY, VERY nice! So far, this new '13 Shelby GT500 has far exceeded my expectations in EVERY way imagineable! :-D

Thank you for sharing this awesome video Van! Good luck to you and please keep the updates rolling. :beer:

BTW, I LOVE the color combination of your new BEAST...so BADASS! :rockon:

Thank you and I will keep doing what I'm doing! :rockon:

I know man, after the "What does it take to go 9's" thread I have a feeling some owners are forgetting the most important part of going fast in a GT500, the driver.

The "Trinity" 2013 GT500 is the best of the best but it will not drive itself. I cant stress the importance of the driver ability here...Van makes it look like a walk in the park.:beer:

Kudos to Van!

It might look like a walk in the park but Sebring is a mentally and physically demanding road course. I ran half the day yesterday and I was exhausted last night (I was also instructing which is equally challenging mentally and physically). Concentration, knowing the line, brake points, turn in, apex, track out, throttle, shift and repeat all while listening to what the car is doing and saying and watching the other competitors in front and in the rear view mirror.

Hold up...wait....Van clearly past by the section that had cones.......what the hell man ! I mean were you not to race around the *CONES* ?? This whole thing smells fishy to me...Yeah it really was Pro race car with the cam on...Everyone knows that a GT500 has issues going around cones in a parking lot....how could it drive on a real track ????

OK. I'm busted.

Nice work Van!!! Sure looks like a lot more fun than drag racing.....Those 2 laps equal more time than my last 30 passes...and that was probablt 10 trips to the track..

I guess I know what I'll be doing when I get mine!

:rockon: Let me know if you want me to instruct! :beer: A great book to read before heading to the road course for your first time. If I get a student before going to the track to read the book they develop faster as competent drivers on a road course. I have read this book over and over multiple times.

Amazon.com: Going Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving (9780837602264): Carl Lopez, Danny Sullivan: Books

Thanks again for all the props guys! I love what I do and I am blessed to be able to race at different levels and venues.

:beer:

Van

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

Kudos to Van!

I agree, having a fast car does not make you fast( unless you believe the GM hype machine or you own a GTR :poke:)

The driver mod is very important, especially on a mustang. A car notorious for being unforgiving when you make a mistake. And the car looked so good at sebring, albeit a track with very uneven surfaces. When I can Im definitely looking into the book Van suggested and I would love to hit the track a few times, to prove my car and I are not one trick ponies...:burnout:

rdsnk46

Established Member
The funny thing about me is I've always wanted to road race but drag racing came natural for me. I know that Sebring is a harsh track and I think Van's GT500 took it in stride! It really makes me want to go a find out if I'd really like it, sadly if I did it would be my demise......LOL!

jonesd

Established Member
The funny thing about me is I've always wanted to road race but drag racing came natural for me. I know that Sebring is a harsh track and I think Van's GT500 took it in stride! It really makes me want to go a find out if I'd really like it, sadly if I did it would be my demise......LOL!

Its more addicting than drag racing IMO. Also more expensive too...

eagle eye

Established Member
Watching your video at Sebring really gets my adrenaline pumping. I've done a number of open track events at Watkins Glen and I must say, theres nothing more challenging than a road course.
Thanks for sharing your track experience with us today.
When I finally get my Shelby, I will be tracking it at the Glen.
Oh, by the way. You say you haven't seen a ZL1 on the road yet? I've seen one 3 weeks ago at a car show. It was on loan to a guy that was doing some R&D on the car. The mods made up to that point were 2.55 pulley, TB, 4" cold air, for a net gain of 13 HP. Thats right, 510 hp at the wheels. However, the following day I heard on the news that the shop that was doing the work had a fire consuming the ZL1 and a new CTS-V
Oh well

eagle eye

Established Member
This may be a dumb question, but what do the numbers actually represent? G-force?

Users who are viewing this thread