Returnless fuel pumps for GT500 for E85

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
hey guys i have maxed out my stock 2008 GT500 pumps at 5800RPM on my E85 swap. im running a KB Dual Bap with 80lb injectors an just made over a tad over 700rwhp at 5800RPM but that nots safe for me since i rev past that. i need to know what Returnless Fuel pumps you GT500 guys are running for your E85 swap. an please give me part numbers. also i heard that stock GT500 pumps are Dual 255lph, is this true? some say that stock is 310LPH, but i find that hard to be true cause i dont see how a total of 620LPH would be maxed out with a Dual bap at 700HP on 80lb injectors. please give me some solid answers. thanks guys :beer:

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Were these the modified pumps by Paul's High Performance?

I've read about a Deatsch(sp) works DW301 pump that flowed around 320 at 11.5 volts, but I don't know if they would fit in the stock hat.

[ame=http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32689842]New 300LPH In-Tank Fuel Pump from DeatchWerks - NASIOC[/ame]

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Were these the modified pumps by Paul's High Performance?

I've read about a Deatsch(sp) works DW301 pump that flowed around 320 at 11.5 volts, but I don't know if they would fit in the stock hat.

New 300LPH In-Tank Fuel Pump from DeatchWerks - NASIOC

what I needed to know is what fuel pumps pauls hp uses thoe. They don't tell you an I need a part number for them. Thanks for the info on the 320lph ill look into it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
whats the deal with the pauls hp pumps? any info? thx

All I know is that they install dual 310lph. They have a contract with ford racing an do not provide info on what pumps they install.

Jorday

Established Member
What do you do just call them to order? they are close to me, but nothing is mentioned on the website.

For my first batch of mods, I want to convert stock 12 gt500 to e85. Will this require any changes other than tuning and filling with E85?

How is your system working aside from the current issue of running out of fuel at 5800? Are you pleased otherwise? I read the other thread. It looks awesome man.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I haven't driven since i started the E85 swap. I would recommend getting 80lb injectors an you must call pauls hp an send your whole pump setup to them. Also since you have a 2012 you will not need a bap

Jorday

Established Member
Ah ok. Well, I'll be watching for an update once you get it on the road. Definitely a project that interests me.

So even to start out stock power level E85 conversion you would suggest the 80 lb injectors?

And as for pauls, are you saying the pauls setup is only needed once a fuel pump swap becomes necessary, but for stock power level im guessing the original fuel pumps will be fine until other mods that increase fuel demand are added correct?

Also, what is the reason that a bap wouldn't be used on a 12?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is just one of those things where it would be really, really nice if I could get this one right on the first try, ya know?

thx man

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ah ok. Well, I'll be watching for an update once you get it on the road. Definitely a project that interests me.

So even to start out stock power level E85 conversion you would suggest the 80 lb injectors?

And as for pauls, are you saying the pauls setup is only needed once a fuel pump swap becomes necessary, but for stock power level im guessing the original fuel pumps will be fine until other mods that increase fuel demand are added correct?

Also, what is the reason that a bap wouldn't be used on a 12?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is just one of those things where it would be really, really nice if I could get this one right on the first try, ya know?

thx man

sounds good. well for your stock setup i would add this for E85 for sure
newFuelfilter.jpg

tell them allen recommended you to them. its a custom fuel filter to connect right in to stock lines. after market filters are better for the E85 swap because the stock ones dont fliter enough since the quality of E85 differs from station to station. other than that that for you stock setup you should be able to run E85 with a tune set for it. but when you start doing mods you need to upgrade fuel pumps an injectors cause you run out of fuel fast. also on the 2011-2012 GT500 in the tune you can up the volts needed for the fuel pump to supply more fuel. its the same thing that a kenny bell BAP does, which is why its not needed for the 2011-2012

Jorday

Established Member
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm excited to get this project going.

so are you waiting on that setup from pauls to arrive for your car?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm excited to get this project going.

so are you waiting on that setup from pauls to arrive for your car?

yup thats what im waiting for then back to have the tunning being finished up

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
yup thats what im waiting for then back to have the tunning being finished up

Once your tuning is done, please post up your pump and injector duty cycles.
I'm really interested to see if you have any capacity left over because my setup is very similar to yours except I run an Innovative
West 10% balancer.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Once your tuning is done, please post up your pump and injector duty cycles.
I'm really interested to see if you have any capacity left over because my setup is very similar to yours except I run an Innovative
West 10% balancer.

No problem I will do that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
E85 complete ill be posting all the info when I get the car on Mon.

Users who are viewing this thread