Return system & e85....

lxhatch302

Established Member
alright going to be redoing my fuel system here shortly and wanting to get a few things lined out BEFORE i spend the money...

With a Return system all i have to do is delete the FPDM in the tune and get a boost reference FPR and run the return line(in simple terms)

im going to be dumping the 60's and upgraded to 80s but aeromotive just came out with some stock replacement pumps for our cars that flow 340lph compared to GT pumps at 310lph....so im wondering with just that extra 60lph i could get away with a twin pump setup even tho ive got a 3 pump hat...

What fuel lines are recommend with running E85...i planed on just using some nice push-loc line....

car is stock motord 03,whipple 2.3 gen2 (18-19lbs right now),Full Exhaust and SRA

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
So I'm assuming you have a fore triple pump returnless hat? Are you saying you want to go return or stay returnless with the aero pumps?

lxhatch302

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick but everything was explained pretty easy from my view....

Going to return, have fore triple return hat, maybe getting aeromotive pumps instead of GT pumps, and what fuel line is needed

GodStang

Established Member
Not trying to be a dick but everything was explained pretty easy from my view....

Going to return, have fore triple return hat, maybe getting aeromotive pumps instead of GT pumps, and what fuel line is needed

With the Fore hat you can not just swap pumps out unless they are the same exact size. The pumps are made to fit just perfect in there. Would hate for you to have the Aeromotive pumps and not hat to put them in. May want to ask Fore if they are going to make a basket for this pump. Also where are you going to run the return too? There are several different fuel lines you can run just have to find one that is e85 friendly. I am running teflon coated stainless steel braid under the car and then Aeroquip AQP in the engine bay. Also do not forget the relays. Also not sure where you got the flow numbers but the GT pumps do not flow anywhere near that and not sure if the Aeromotive does either. Also I think people have hit over 700rwhp and e85 with GT pumps you can run them return style. Also the Walbro GSS342 are cheap and out flow the GT pumps and there is already a basket made for them. 80lb injectors are very nice.

lxhatch302

Established Member
From what I've looked up the GT pumps are 310lph and the aeromotive pumps are 340lph. Even if the basket is not the exact same size I could program and make a new basket all in a hr or so(cnc machinist/programmer) so that wont be a problem...

The return will be feed into the hat....

The other reason why wanting to switch is the chance of the GT pumps handling constant voltage compared to a returnless system.... I know that the aeromotives are fine being ran as a constant current and since they flow more I might be able to not need a bap or just run 3 pumps and be done

GodStang

Established Member
Actual GT pump tests:

Here's are our results at 40 psi and 13 volts
GSS340/1/2: 280 lph
GT: 235 lph

At 60 psi and 13 volts
GSS340/1/2: 250 lph
GT: 215 lph

Very far from the 310lph. Why not look into the GSS342s? Should be way more than you need and you would only need 2. I would hate to jump on a new fuel pump when we do not even know how loud it is or how good it is or what it actually flows. I would hate for it to be a crappy pump and you get them and it does not pan out. Fuel is not what you want to skimp on. Or if you have time to wait see how people like them. Just trying to look out for ya.

lxhatch302

Established Member
Actual GT pump tests:

Here's are our results at 40 psi and 13 volts
GSS340/1/2: 280 lph
GT: 235 lph

At 60 psi and 13 volts
GSS340/1/2: 250 lph
GT: 215 lph

Very far from the 310lph. Why not look into the GSS342s? Should be way more than you need and you would only need 2. I would hate to jump on a new fuel pump when we do not even know how loud it is or how good it is or what it actually flows. I would hate for it to be a crappy pump and you get them and it does not pan out. Fuel is not what you want to skimp on. Or if you have time to wait see how people like them. Just trying to look out for ya.

Thanks for posting that. From what I found on google is where I saw the 310lph for them.....

I understand on it being a new pump...I've always used aeromotive pumps on my other cars and never had a single problem so I trust their product....

Might have to be one of the first to try them out and see if they're worth it...

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for posting that. From what I found on google is where I saw the 310lph for them.....

I understand on it being a new pump...I've always used aeromotive pumps on my other cars and never had a single problem so I trust their product....

Might have to be one of the first to try them out and see if they're worth it...

They are only around $138-$180 each depending on where you get them so it may be worth it if they do flow well and if they are quiet. Due out Jan 11th so may be they will be a nice advancement but back to your original question the Gss342s are enough for what you need and are $80 a pump.

Users who are viewing this thread