Retrofitting a '13 GT500 carbon fiber driveshaft to an '07-'12 GT500

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Im sure its been asked but if not here goes.

Can the output shaft flange of the 11-12 Tr-6060 be replaced with that of a 2013-14?

The pinion yoke on tje rear end is easy enough to replace wotj a Trinity peice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Does the pinion yoke require replacement on a 2007-2012 for install of a 2013/14 CF shaft? I thought the earlier cars shared the same pinion cup attachment and it was only the front attachment that required a change?

I think there were two different ways of making the front work, there is an adaptor that attaches to the original 2007-2012 transmission yoke and then there was a person who machined a completely new yoke to directly install on the 2007-2012 splined transmission output shaft for 2013/14 CF driveshaft install.

"Back in the day", there was also a suggestion that a 2011/2012 trans yoke be used, replacing the 2007 or 2008-2010 yoke because the 2011/12 is a lighter yoke, but still retains the correct 2007-2010 output splines. <<This is if the "adaptor" was being used for the 2013/14 CF retrofit to the earlier car.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here are the parts (and tool) that I gathered for the install, I decided to get the saddles and bolts for the front and rear attachments (while I'm there).........

015.jpg

013.jpg

and then the 1-pc. yoke design with the 2013/14 cup and the 2007-2012 splines.........Nice piece.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Also shown in the first picture is a puller to remove my original 2008 transmission yoke.

R

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So, if im underatanding correctly, the 13-14 outputshaft spline count of the Tr-6060 is different than the output shaft spline count of the 11-12 tr-6060?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Ive had my ‘14 retrofit CF driveshaft with Wenstrom Design Fabricators adaptor on my car for almost two years without incident. One adaptor and a few Ford parts ( bolts, O Ring etc) as described in the instructions. Total retro including shaft cost was just under $800. Great upgrade and looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Ive had my ‘14 retrofit CF driveshaft to mt 2012 GT 500 with Wenstrom Design Fabricators adaptor on my car for almost two years without incident. One adaptor and a few Ford parts ( bolts, O Ring etc) as described in the instructions. Total retro including shaft cost was just under $800. Great upgrade and looks fantastic.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So, if im underatanding correctly, the 13-14 outputshaft spline count of the Tr-6060 is different than the output shaft spline count of the 11-12 tr-6060?

Yes, from what I have read in the past, the 13/14 output shaft is a finer spline, and the 2007-2012 is the same spline count, but not as fine as the 2013/14.

R

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
2007-2012 trans output shaft is 28 spline. 2013/2014 is 40 spline.

Rear yoke does not need to be changed as all GT500's used a near identical CV joint at the axle end.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm currently out of driveshaft adapters. The last batch of 10 I made took well over a year to sell, which is too long to have a bunch of money tied up in them sitting on the shelf. Going forward I am still open to making them but I need to do batches of 10 to keep the price the same. Because of that I would like 5 people interested enough to send a deposit to cover the cost of the steel before I make a batch. I am assuming this would require a deposit of around $100 per person but that will depend on what the steel market is doing at the time. Once enough people are interested it should take 2-3 weeks to have finished parts. Thanks everyone for the interest and support!

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I just picked up a 3k mi. take out driveshaft and a new adapter w/o-ring and nut for a song. I just need the washer, short and long socket head cap screws, correct?

Fastenall should have them, no?

Shipping on that small of an order from McMaster-Carr will probably be more than the 16 bolts cost.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Fastenall may not have what you need in stock - depends. But they or MC are a great resource.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Just a quick question Tob...
In this thread you call for a new washer. In the written instructions provided, it's stated to use the original washer. Any reason to change out the washer?
TIA.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You can get by with the original washer. It's nice to pull the flange on with the old nut and washer and then switch to a new nut and washer for final torquing/installation, that's all.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Hi guys, so I bought the adapter some time ago and lost the instructions. Can somebody PM me the instructions in PDF I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm currently out of driveshaft adapters. The last batch of 10 I made took well over a year to sell, which is too long to have a bunch of money tied up in them sitting on the shelf. Going forward I am still open to making them but I need to do batches of 10 to keep the price the same. Because of that I would like 5 people interested enough to send a deposit to cover the cost of the steel before I make a batch. I am assuming this would require a deposit of around $100 per person but that will depend on what the steel market is doing at the time. Once enough people are interested it should take 2-3 weeks to have finished parts. Thanks everyone for the interest and support!

What ever happened with this? I would be in for an adapter if it's still an option..

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Here's the install PDF...

Attachments

• ADAPTING-A-CF-SHAFT-NOTES.pdf
    368 KB · Views: 528

Users who are viewing this thread