Retrofits?

jman37

Established Member
Is there any place to get some decent retrofit headlights that don't cost $1k? I've found old posts about yuke who turned into retrofit factory, found that on FB but haven't heard back so I'm assuming he is no longer in business.

jman37

Established Member
Thanks, I see you put a lot of thought into that reply. Let me be more specific, not cheesy off the shelf ones, no 1 piece lights, custom Cobra style lights is what I'm looking for.

jgt58

Established Member
My son is looking for factory cobras. We're going with these. Highly rated factory style. Your only other option is find some nos cobras $$$

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
65e3a3b25eabcf24f889e99c59174c90.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I did a retrofit on my 98. Let me say, opening them up is not an easy task. I've done 3 retrofits in the past and this was by far the hardest set to open up. I broke one set of headlights trying to get them open.

Having said that, once you get them open it's a piece of cake. No cutting or modifications necessary.

jman37

Established Member
My son is looking for factory cobras. We're going with these. Highly rated factory style. Your only other option is find some nos cobras $$$

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
View attachment 1621573

Yea, they look similar to the ones I got from 1a auto. My car came with non OEM style lights so I wanted to find the stock ones.

jman37

Established Member
I did a retrofit on my 98. Let me say, opening them up is not an easy task. I've done 3 retrofits in the past and this was by far the hardest set to open up. I broke one set of headlights trying to get them open.

Having said that, once you get them open it's a piece of cake. No cutting or modifications necessary.

I don't have the patience to open them up lol, I've tried opening lights before and it never works out in the end. It's too bad no one does them, like I said I've looked at retrofit source, and a few others I can't recall and they want about 700-1000 for them.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have the patience to open them up lol, I've tried opening lights before and it never works out in the end. It's too bad no one does them, like I said I've looked at retrofit source, and a few others I can't recall and they want about 700-1000 for them.

I did mine for probably around $450, and that includes 2 pairs of headlights.:rolleyes:
That's with a Morimoto Mini H1 kit from TRS, motoho1ders, and the 2 sets of lights.

If you have the patience you can do it pretty cheap.

96GT226410

Established Member
I did A Bi-Xenon HID retrofit on my Jeep with parts from The Retrofit Source years ago and they still work great. I reused my headlights (after wet sanding, polishing, and coating) and the parts were around $200.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jman37

Established Member
Wow! I thought I saw him lost a pair of headlights for $550. I guess I was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Well, ended up emailing quite a bit with him and settled on just getting them. I didn't do anything fancy, just an HID setup, though I would have liked LED but couldn't justify the extra price of them. Should have them 1st week of April hopefully.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
DEPO projectors with 9011 and 9012 HIR bulbs. HIR=snow plow bulbs and fit in the 9005/9006 slots with a little tab trimming.

If you can still find them anyway... best headlights I ever had on any Mustang...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
DEPO projectors with 9011 and 9012 HIR bulbs. HIR=snow plow bulbs and fit in the 9005/9006 slots with a little tab trimming.

If you can still find them anyway... best headlights I ever had on any Mustang...

I had a set of those. The output was junk compared to a set of retrofits. Not to mention they just don't look good.

Users who are viewing this thread