WANTED: Retrofit headlights

svtl399

Established Member
I have a pair of SW lights built projector headlights with the red demon eyes installed I’d let go. It has the upgraded pro series HIDs also. No issues just went back to stock style. Pm if interested

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Looking for my short post about my retrofit View attachment 1714968
20180419_163703.jpeg
20180427_145200.jpeg
20180501_145241.jpeg
20180502_080328.jpeg
20180502_080512.jpeg
20180502_080455.jpeg
20180502_080554.jpeg
20180507_155326.jpeg
20180527_145600.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
My Short Retro Fit.
I 1st reccomend watching alot of Vids online and from the campany you are looking at your lights from.
Since i Watched alot of videos on doing this so I do reccomend doing the same and call the HID supplier for any questions, diagrams etc before starting.
Get some good oven mitts, And good spray paint, painter's tape, and a small exacto knife.
I bought housing and lights from the web.
Bought The Retro fit source HIDs, Bought different shells for bulbs which there are alot of different looks , harness, and all wires.
Baked the new housing per instructions and used something to hold them off the metal part so no plastic would melt. Low heat and pryed the front off with a hard plastic pry tool.
Opened them up and took out all the guts.
Primed all the parts I was painting.
Ran my wiring inside...small drilling required.
Painted the parts and did a pre install fit to make sure everything was tight.
Wired up the Harnesses, connections to battery and light switch.
Checked on the wall about 20 feet away from a garage and marked where the car was so I could align again on the new bulbs.
Baked the new light in with new gaskets.
Used Black silicone to seal and or fill anything the gasket missed.
Getting the old gasket out was tediously done lol.
Alot of using the old gasket to get the excess sticky shit off It took about a day to do.
Enjoy ...
Sorry this was not supposed to be any kind of write up but if anyone has any questions please feel free to message me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
I have a pair of SW lights built projector headlights with the red demon eyes installed I’d let go. It has the upgraded pro series HIDs also. No issues just went back to stock style. Pm if interested
I’m curious why you switched because I have the same set. Was it just appearance? I couldn’t see shit at night with stock or HID or LED. I Tried them all. SW was the only one that helped with the projector and morimoto upgrade. These are a great price someone will grab them

svtl399

Established Member
I’m curious why you switched because I have the same set. Was it just appearance? I couldn’t see shit at night with stock or HID or LED. I Tried them all. SW was the only one that helped with the projector and morimoto upgrade. These are a great price someone will grab them
Because I cut up a stock passenger side light for the ram air mod for my whipple so I just took them both out. Now I have just the one drivers side SW headlight in and it’s still crazy bright!

Users who are viewing this thread