Retro Fitting head lights

Fooj

Established Member
I can't find a how to or a post on how its done. Like to convert my headlight to a projector style. Can anyone help me out on this?

Zemedici

Established Member
its no easy feat, I had a forum member here build a set for my 03 cobra

and WOW The amount of time / work it takes.

MUCH easier to just buy a set complete, but get ready - $$$

olympic

Established Member
First thing you need is an old oven that will never be used to cook food. If you don't have that or can't borrow one then forget it, just buy a set of lights that are already done. Other than that there's no special tools required. You just heat up the headlight to soften the sealant, pry off the lens, install the projectors, reheat both halves of the headlight and reinstall the lens. Plenty of Youtube videos on the process. Pro tips: 1) preheat the oven for 30 minutes, not just until the the light goes out. 2)place the lights on an old cookie sheet, not directly on the oven rack.

The Morimoto Mini H1 projectors are bout the smallest projectors available and will fit with minimal modification.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
There’s a guy on here with a yellow terminator that’s done a write up and was selling 3d printed Morimoto fog light adapters. Can never remember his damn user name though

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Just put the ballasts under the hood and the HID bulbs in the stock housing. Ghetrofit

(Obvious sarcasm is obvious)

Fooj

Established Member
Is there a site i can order a set or is it something like finding a guy on here. Yeah i dont have an old oven to be used the wife would kill me if i use the one we got now lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a site i can order a set or is it something like finding a guy on here. Yeah i dont have an old oven to be used the wife would kill me if i use the one we got now lol

I would just google for 99-04 mustang retrofit head lights. I believe there's the retrofit source (cant remember if it's just parts) but drawing a blank on others at the moment. Anything being sold by places like American Muscle are cheap shit

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member

Not a full how to put some pointers

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It's pretty self explanatory once you start doing it. Bake off lense, remove any material on back of housing so the projector nut will sit flush, tighten said nut when everything is straight, throw a dab of epoxy on it to hold it in place, and then bake the lens back on.

I've done 3 sets. People make it out to be harder than it really it. In my opinion, anyway.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Same here. Done 3 sets. Once you get it, it’s easy. Hardest part is machining off the back of the stock bulb mount and angling the projector correctly so you can use the stock adjustments to align the projector. I have a set that I can’t adjust using stock adjusters because I messed this up.

I have a set I made with hydro dipped carbon fiber inside bezels I want to sell soon….

Attachments

• 279EC346-5FE4-4968-8C20-25005F9FA8EA.jpeg
    279EC346-5FE4-4968-8C20-25005F9FA8EA.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 134
  • E82EABC5-0475-4FF7-9A6E-283B72C90CA2.jpeg
    E82EABC5-0475-4FF7-9A6E-283B72C90CA2.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 132
  • C0514B39-DD65-4EDF-AED5-2D3494CD5C59.jpeg
    C0514B39-DD65-4EDF-AED5-2D3494CD5C59.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 128

Cobracletus

Established Member
Whoever has a set that they are trying to get rid of please PM me some details and I'm sure we can work something out. I have been looking on Facebook to throw on in the next few months but not having much luck. Must be in mint condition.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Whoever has a set that they are trying to get rid of please PM me some details and I'm sure we can work something out. I have been looking on Facebook to throw on in the next few months but not having much luck. Must be in mint condition.
start a WTB thread in the marketplace if you haven't already just watch out for 1 post members wanting you to call/email them instead of handling it on the forum.

Cobracletus

Established Member
start a WTB thread in the marketplace if you haven't already just watch out for 1 post members wanting you to call/email them instead of handling it on the forum.
Absolutely will. Been trying to hold off because once I do then I'm actually committed to wasting money on things that I don't need!

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I sold my Cobra a few years ago and life in general has been a little crazy. Been out of the game for a few years now. Here is a blog of the instructions I had from back in the day:

Hopefully it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread