Retired LEOs! Giving up your firearms?

jshen

Established Member
We're retired- not supposed to be cops anymore- jus none of the Dems have a clue..that former perps have a memory, will get out of jail..Their families hate you for "ruining things". Can you walk in to a Walmart, grocery store and not see "familiar faces". Or worse, have you been encountered!

I do not have kind words to say of opponents to the 2ndA. nor Dems in general. So when the registration order comes in, will your proclaim your firearm with the slight chance they won't come back and take them as you have given them notice you have it. What will you do? I am asking as I don't have an answer. I made it a point years ago, with every firearm I would include a case of ammo. As of the election, I thinned my herd to and through GunsAmerica and saw to it all of what I sold- went from my FFL to their FFL and to good homes (collectors)

Please give me an idea of what my brothers are doing as I don't mind saying, although I thinned my herd.....as a retired LEO, retired DA attorney....I will keep my family safe!

triple-s

Established Member
I don't see why you're giving up your firearms just cause you're not a cop anymore am I missing something here?

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I am eligible for retirement in 3 years, 4 months and 14 days..... they won't be able to take what they don't know I have. Also, look up LEOSA. It protects retired units as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^^
This! NEVER surrender firearms!!

I just can't imagine a retired officer (or the majority) going day to day without carrying.

jshen

Established Member
I wrote this because of various statements by democrats about govt buybacks, trying to test ex post facto laws, etc. GA state law gives retired LEOs and Prosecutors, etc the right to carry without a permit..(I have one anyway). ..and if you stay qualified- carry interstate. But if you leave without retirement- you are like the rest of the population- at the will of the govt. The feds on the other hand--who the hell knows what they will pass. I think the consensus here is "hell no" and I am in that group.

jshen

Established Member
Texas Congresswoman Introduces Universal Licensing, Registration Bill - GunsAmerica Digest
If you’re wondering what goodies the anti-2A Dems have in store for gun owners this year, look no further than Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee’s “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act.
In a nutshell, it would require the Attorney General, via the ATF, to “establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States.”

For those interested if you read the bill it is scary!

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have one 20guage slug gun that I bought for my nephew that has a paper trail. Other than that, I have a big empty 20 gun safe.

jshen

Established Member
I saw an article on why one should have insurance on their guns...but I would bet once you give the insurance company your serial numbers they forward giving them to the Feds... I have a big safe...and that's all the insurance I need

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
HR-218 bro says u can carry as long as u qualify.

A “qualified retired law enforcement officer” is an individual who:
1. retired in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer for reasons other than mental instability
page1image2051624688

1. before retirement was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest
  2. before retirement was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for a total of 15 years or more or completed any applicable probationary period of such service, and then retired early due to a service-connected disability
  3. has a nonforfeitable right to benefits under the retirement plan of the agency
  4. during the past 12 months has met, at his/her own expense, the State of
    residency’s standards for training and qualification for active law enforcement
    officers to carry firearms
  5. is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug
    or substance
  6. is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm

jshen

Established Member
Retired from LE in 1986- to become Asst District Atty and retired from there in 2012..Granted Emeritus Status by State Bar 2021

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Just keep letting the Dems do what they want because someones feelings will get hurt.
This country is getting softer and softer.
That why people are not taking the USA seriously anymore and then well get stepped on.
tapatalk_1619121407986.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

shurur

Established Member
Let's be honest now.
No law will be passed to restrict or confiscate guns of the commoners, sovereigns or whatever other words LE uses to describe us, that includes LE or retired LE.
The LE lobby is too strong for that and is often is part of introducing those restrictive laws on the rest of us in the name of "public safety."

This is a LE forum..I know..I know...but it is interesting how upset you are for yourselves and not so much the bill of rights for everyone.

RickyBobby51

Established Member
Let's be honest now.
No law will be passed to restrict or confiscate guns of the commoners, sovereigns or whatever other words LE uses to describe us, that includes LE or retired LE.
The LE lobby is too strong for that and is often is part of introducing those restrictive laws on the rest of us in the name of "public safety."

This is a LE forum..I know..I know...but it is interesting how upset you are for yourselves and not so much the bill of rights for everyone.
Well said

Users who are viewing this thread