Results from Milan

Blue03

Established Member
Well guys, did the Milan thing this afternoon with a bunch of buddies. I only got 2 passes but Postban's Genie must have been looking over me. Didn't break anything. First run I left easy, slipped the clutch, no wheelhop, 2.18 60ft and pulled a 12.61 @ 115.68mph, shifting at 6200 in every gear. 2nd run brought the rpm a little more, some wheelhop and spin, 2.12 60ft and pulled a 12.45 @ 113.7mph, shifting at 6500rpm, car was hot from idling. I could not believe some of the junk they let run. On my second pass I was up against a real piece of Sheeet Taurus that puked it's motor and oiled the track. A junk 1970 Chevelle broke a C-clip and shot the axle right out of the housing, tire bolted to the end of it. Another guy lost his motor on top end and oiled the track. What a mess. We had a good time but all these mishaps kept me from making more than 2 runs. It looks like the color tour went well. That's cool. See you all later.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Nice times Rich!:beer:

I can only imagine what your best would have been if you made more than 2 passes!:-D

Took me well over 10 passes to get in the high 12's!!:bash: :nonono:...but then again...I suk!:loser:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I was very close to going to Milan yesterday. After your description of the day, I'm glad I didn't. I went last Saturday. I got 2 passes in after a total of 4 hours.

What mods do you have?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
I was very close to going to Milan yesterday. After your description of the day, I'm glad I didn't. I went last Saturday. I got 2 passes in after a total of 4 hours.

What mods do you have?

Were you there on the 4th?
If you were...I musta missed you.:shrug:

That was the SVTOA track day...granted...the track sucked...but there was no delay in getting in passes at all.

It was a quarter mile smorgasbord on the 4th.:burnout:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I was there last Saturday. I'm not sure what date that was. I was the lone '03 Cobra there. Pretty boring really. Usually I chat with a lot of guys. No one was there.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
...I was the lone '03 Cobra there...

Next time you go post the date and time and we will see if we can get you at least one wingman:thumbsup:

Blue03

Established Member
I got there about 12:20pm and left at 3:45pm, that was what it took to get 2 runs in. The big problem was junk cars breaking and/or oiling the track down. Every time that happened you were guaranteed at least 1/2 hr wait for cleanup. I am thinking about making a trip to Ubly before they close down for the winter or possibly trying Milan on Nov 1(last day they are open). The good thing about Nov 1 is it will be test and tune ONLY so you won't have to wait for specific classes to finish(like yesterday). We did have fun, there were a lot of nice cars there. I did see another '03(black) but I did not get a chance to talk with him. Anyway, if anyone is interested in going to the strip before everything closes we could do a group thing again to the track. Geroge, you want to try again??

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
There is a Ford employee day Thursday night at Milan, you do not have to be an employee. One of our members told me about it yesterday, maybe he can fill us in?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Milan is a waste of time and money. Drive a little farther to ubly and get as many passes on a decent track as you want. It just isn't worth it to only get 2 passes:bash:

Will

T.Bone

Established Member
I will be going this Thursday weather permitting. Like MidLifeC said, it is a FME event and you do not have to be a member to race. It cost 30.00 for members and 40.00 for non members you can join and race for 45.00 (30 to race and 15 to join).

It is normally a good time and you can get all the runs in you want. I can normally get at least 10 runs in and that is sitting and letting the car cool and watching others.

I never go to the open events, just is not worth it when you sit more than you race. I only go to milan when SVTOA or FME rent the track. Cost a little more but it is worth it if your like me and don't want to drive half way across the state.

Hope to see some of you there. If you don't want to join just tell them that T-Bone invited you. I don't even think they will ask if you were invited.111

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue03

Established Member
Originally posted by Snkbyte
Milan is a waste of time and money. Drive a little farther to ubly and get as many passes on a decent track as you want. It just isn't worth it to only get 2 passes:bash:

I agree with you in theory but Ubly is a 2 1/2 hr ride for me. :( I ran my Camaro up there and it is a nice track but..............it is a hike. T-bone has a point though, it may be worth paying a little more and being able to really make some passes. What time does Ubly open the gates?? That was part of the problem at Milan, they did not open until noon. I am not sure if I can make Thursday's event due to work. I don't get home until 7pm and could not make it to Milan any earlier than 8pm. If I really get desperate I might have to go to Lapeer! :cryying:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bone
I will be going this Thursday weather permitting. Like MidLifeC said, it is a FME event and you do not have to be a member to race. It cost 30.00 for members and 40.00 for non members you can join and race for 45.00 (30 to race and 15 to join).

It is normally a good time and you can get all the runs in you want. I can normally get at least 10 runs in and that is sitting and letting the car cool and watching others.

I never go to the open events, just is not worth it when you sit more than you race. I only go to milan when SVTOA or FME rent the track. Cost a little more but it is worth it if your like me and don't want to drive half way across the state.

Hope to see some of you there. If you don't want to join just tell them that T-Bone invited you. I don't even think they will ask if you were invited.111

That is only way I do it. It is worth the extra money to have pretty much as many runs down the 1/4. Plus you usually meet some pretty cool people there. I will be with T-Bone Thursday...some of you should come out.

T.Bone

Established Member
Well there was a good turn out last night, almost too many cars. At least more than normal. I finally got my 12, last race of the night and season I pulled a 12.806 :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
It was a good turn out. I was mid 12's all night then I switched my upper to the 2.76. I ran a 12.400 with a 2.116 60ft. Could have been better, but there is always next season. Drag Radials are in my future. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread