Resonator or bullet muffler in place of catalytic converters

Mark99GT

Established Member
Anyone run a bullet muffler or resonator in place of the catalytic converters?

Reason for the question is I installed the catalytic converters to see how the car sounds instead of the off road x. I actually like the sound a lot, it removes the trumpet "blaaat" sound i'd occasionally get. But the volume is just a tad too low overall. The sound is missing some of the off road rawness.

I have the 5pc bassani x so it would be easy to fit one in. Just not sure if it would do anything basically having 4 mufflers in the system. Hoping the resonator or muffler would bring back some of the volume but tone down the trumpeting. Not that it's terrible, but I notice it was there now that the catalytic converters are in.

I searched around and didn't find much specific to sn95s and running resonators or 4 mufflers. Maybe because it's a stupid idea. I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has done this on these cars. The resonator/muffler I was look at is the HP Highflo chambered 7" resonator/muffler. It's like $75 for the pair, so not a huge investment.

claybeatz

Established Member
A straight through muffler will take away some of the trumpeting yeah. I’ve seen it done, luckily you can run it close to the engine so it should sound good

Users who are viewing this thread