Resetting low tire pressure warning ?

David Neibert

Established Member
My 2014 GT500 has been sitting for a couple months and I drove it to work today. After driving about 10 miles the low air pressure warning came on, which I thought was odd because by then tires were warmed up. Thought I must have ran over a nail or something and one tire is going down. Stopped and did a walk around and didn't see one tire that looked lower than the others, so went ahead and drove it the rest of the way to my office. All tires were low and only showing between 25 and 27 psi. so I though one of them must have tripped the warning indicator. When I got home from work I filled all the tires to 35 psi and was surprised to see the light was still on when I restarted the car. Drove it around the block and shut it off and restarted it a couple more times...warning message and indicator light keeps coming on.

Does this sound like a bad pressure sensor, or just something I need to reset ?

Thanks, David

Last edited:

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
You just need to go for a cruise at highway speed. After lowering my pressures to race the light came on immediately,took a good 10km's at highway speed to get it to go off after airing them back up.

Last edited:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Yes. mine took some 20-30 miles after the track once I aired mine back up.

to do a true reset, you'll need the little gray fob, then go thru a sequence. it's a pain in the ass!

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
Mine came on after I lowered the tire pressure to see if the GYs would grip better--they didn't! As soon as I put the air back in above 30psi, the light went off.

David Neibert

Established Member
Decided to drive it again today to reset the low pressure indicator, but when I started the car it never came back on. Problem solved.

Thanks for the input.

David

Users who are viewing this thread