Request for TOB, JLT, Bob's... Oil Seperator technology

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
We've seen great videos from the oil sep guys on here comparing technology and perfromance of their kits. We've also seen TOB do great technical write-ups of the factory and Ford Racing stuff.

The new Ford Racing Parts catalog shows a new Oil-Air separator for the 2015-16 Mustang GT (M-6766-A50) on page 128. This is the first Ford Racing offering I've seen of a (non-venting) oil-air separator. While it is obviously not intended for our cars, it would be nice to see how Ford Racing engineers such a device.

I've done some internet searches for this part number and came up with little, including pricing. It may be late availability:shrug:. TOB can sometimes get his paws on this type of stuff early. I'd like to see him take one apart and see what can be learned from it. If none of the mentioned parties has interest in doing so, I'll consider purchasing one myself just for exploration.

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is the only picture I could find, not sure if it is the rear deal

Oil Separator.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Nice of you to say Andrew. I'm very happy with the kit I have from Steve at Bob's - absolutely first class. I'm also interested when I see Ford has finally jumped on the bandwagon (note that Ford purchased quite a few of Bob's separators for development work on GT350's which says quite a bit).

I'd love to see somebody like you take this one on. Tear it apart and study it closely so that everyone can see. I can ask around to see where these stand in terms of release if you'd like.

frpp-115-640x426.jpg

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm very happy with the kit I have from Steve at Bob's - absolutely first class. I'm also interested when I see Ford has finally jumped on the bandwagon (note that Ford purchased quite a few of Bob's separators for development work on GT350's which says quite a bit).
+1 to all of this.

Vacationing in Belize, Tob?

Snoopy49

Established Member
It will be interesting to see if Ford makes a version for our cars. How do they drain the accumulated oil? The retail price that I saw was $189.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm told that while the part number correlates to a breather that it doesn't "exist" yet.

The digging begins. Hope to hear more next week.

And Lockport...yeesh. While I did spend a winter there years ago, working in the tunnels below the canals, I could never live up there. It's as dead as your avatar.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just heard back. The expectation from Ford Racing is that they will have them "1st quarter."

Users who are viewing this thread