Reputable Modular Engine Builders

Nolimit

Established Member
As the tittle says I am looking for a shop/builder to rebuild my 03 SVT cobras long block. Ford said it would cost 8k with them. So I would rather spend 8k with a performance shop that can rebuild and upgrade her. I heard some good and some bad stuff about MMR. So who do you guys reccomend???

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
L&M and Livernios would be the only person I send my motor to if I didn't have AED build it.

Nolimit

Established Member
Evolve - does greg at RET do all the work or does he send it out for someone?

GTR quotes me at 1600 for just removal & install of engine.

Just seeing if there are any other options

I also was considering livernois and pmp both in Texas.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Evolve - does greg at RET do all the work or does he send it out for someone?

GTR quotes me at 1600 for just removal & install of engine.

Just seeing if there are any other options

I also was considering livernois and pmp both in Texas.
$1600? haha!!

SVTPete83

Established Member
Aed are the only ones who will touch a motor of mine. That being said, aluminators are a great deal as well

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
If I were you I would just buy a aluminator motor and be done with it

Agreed.

Nolimit If not then try out L&R in Santa Fe Springs. Derrick does great work and stands by his work.

If they are too pricey id recommend MHP in Fontana, Manny does great work and gives a one year limited warranty.

Either way if you go to GTR your engine will go L&R because that is who we use all the time.

Last edited:

Nolimit

Established Member
L&M and Livernios would be the only person I send my motor to if I didn't have AED build it.

I was considering Livernois aswell as Pro Modular Performance. Think AED is just as good?

Mike at L&M, Johnny Lightning... If you were in Florida? well....

Isn't L&M located in Pennsylvania? Im in socal so thats a bit far for me! same goes for Jonny Lighting

Doesn't gtr send out the engines?

Op I've heard some good stuff about MHP in Fontana..

Yes GT does send out the engine, and i would prefer sending it to a shop that can work on the car and engine in house, call it superstition but i think that is better quality control.

I am very open to a all new aluminator engine, but i am still not entirely sure who to buy it from. I was reading around and found some information saying i can go with a larger bore block with larger pistons but reuse my stock cobra crank and rods and i would be able to obtain 5.0 displacement.

Thank you all for your input! Now what kind of internals should i opt for the engine?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The only issue with AED, is that they don't build engines anymore... And yes they are just as stout as the others listed like L&M..

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Another option: Call Steve at Tousley Ford in Minn. and get a Ford Re-manufactured Long-Block with the New Heads for your Terminator, with a Ford Warranty. They also take back you motor and pass through a credit. You can have it delivered to the shop of your choice. Lots of us did it, a great option... Steve supports the site and has the best pricing and customer service

Users who are viewing this thread