Replica vs. Real Wheels

jwlightning

Established Member
How do you tell the difference between factory 03-04 Chrome wheels vs. replicas? Any markings I need to be looking for?

Thanks,

JW

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i am just guessing but there would be the ford motor company symbol on the inside of one of the spokes

i would imagine no aftermarket company could use that due to copyright infringement rights

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
the easiest way i could tell between my OEM rims and replicas was the center caps did't fit perfectly on the replicas, they do not flush up with the rim. Mine and my buddies both sat about a 1/8th of a inch in. With the OEMs the center caps will fit flush.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Thats weird you mentioned the center cap, only one of my aftermarket 10.5's Do that.

If you have a good eye, you can tell just by looking at them. The chrome plating on the aftermarket rims will me a little wavey unlike the fasctory ones youll have on the from.

That or look for the pealing on the inside of the rim, lol.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
You can tell by the inside of the rim...it has a wavy chrome finish on the inside of the wheel...not really visible...center caps are loose but I fixed mine with some scotch tape on the inside!

TrickStang37

Established Member
mine aren't chrome, but the center caps fit fine and flush. the only way i was really able to tell on mine were because the clear finish on the replica's had just the slightest tinge of yellow while the stockers were just the slightest blueish. you really can't tell, I had to stare at them for a long time. i did work in a paint dept for over 5 years so you kind of develop an eye for this thing too.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I had both, the inside finish is different. Stock had this gray finish that could be removed and polished, my AFS, are slightly shiny.

Users who are viewing this thread