Replacing Fuel Pump **

Kreep306

Established Member
Will a SVT focus pump be a good upgrade for my 01 Cobra with the stock pumps? My cobra dies down time to time could that be the issue?

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
If it's stock or close to it, that would work. I used a stocker with bolt ons and never had a problem. Also, when mine went bad, it showed signs for a few days before it just up and died on me a few blocks from the house. Surging, wanting to die right after startup, bucking under acceleration were the symptoms if I remember.

Also, pro tip, if you go to Autozone, and get a stock replacement (Airtex box), it's actually a Walbro 255. Good luck!

Mach828

Established Member
Best way to tell if the fuel pump is failing is to datalog fuel pressure and fuel pump duty cycle with an SCT XCAL.

Putting a 255 focus pump would be a smart decision.

Kreep306

Established Member
I data logged the cobra it was reading 26-28 fpdc under load it would reach 50 on the handheld sct is it going out already?

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW, when you go to change it out, I have found the easiest way to drain the tank is to pull the schrader valve out, put a hose on it going to a container, then start the car. The car will idle fine while pumping the tank dry.

Users who are viewing this thread