Replacing a Rear Quarter Panel, 2014 Mustang

Stangra

Established Member
Does anybody have experience with, or know what's involved with replacing a Rear Quarter Panel? I'm looking for a salvage chassis to rebuild and many have damaged rear quarters, I'd like to know what I may be getting into here when evaluating prospective cars.

Stangra

Established Member
Let's say something like this:

resizer.jpg

68gtscode

Established Member
I had a rear quarter panel installed on my 68 fastback many years ago. A good body shop can handle the work, but it's not a small job... They will cut the whole quarter panel skin off, and weld a replacement on. You will need to get a replacement ideally off an OEM car for best fitment. If it were me, I'd pass on car needing such work and find something with a straight body.

Stangra

Established Member
You will need to get a replacement ideally off an OEM car for best fitment.
I'm looking for a salvage car because I wrecked mine at the track recently, but my r/h quarter panel is still perfect. Hoping to swap whatever a salvageable car needs from my wreck
IA good body shop can handle the work, but it's not a small job... They will cut the whole quarter panel skin off, and weld a replacement on.
I was planning on tackling this one myself. Watched a few YouTubes of the process and while definitely a big job, maybe not beyond the scope of a DIYer with some skills, guidance, and the proper tools?

If it were me, I'd pass on car needing such work and find something with a straight body.
My first instinct agrees with this but, after seeing the stupid high money some of the salvage prospects are selling for, I'm open to attempting this IF I can bring my costs down accordingly

Users who are viewing this thread