Replacement part availability?

IM3CPO

Established Member
I am in the final stages of purchasing a 2005 GT and it just dawned on me that it may not be so easy to get routine parts such as filters, brake pads, brake rotors, tires, etc... I have read threads on another forum regarding the tire situation but I have not been able to find information on the other items. This would be my first exotic car purchase and I don't want to find out the hard way that I just bought a car costing $200K that I could never realistically drive due to the lack of serviceable parts.....

Any and all advice would be appreciated!

jcthorne

Established Member
Quite the opposite is true. Routine maintainance products are readily available and inexpensive compared to other exotics. Most repair parts are also available, still stocked by Ford. There are parts shortages from time to time when Ford runs out and replacement stock orders take time. But compared to other 7 year old exotics, easy to own and service.

Bridgestone makes a VERY good replacement set of tires for the car, much better than the OEM Goodyears.

Suggest reading and becoming a member over at the Ford GT Forum if you become an owner.

Users who are viewing this thread