Replacement Head

99BlkLitng

Established Member
I have had my L at the dealer for about a week not including weekend and they were putting a new head in. They said that it was a 16hr job and i should have had it yesterday due to the holiday. But they put the new head on and tested it and my L is not idleing right so they ran some tests on the computer and it said that nothing is wrong with the computer. This was after they had the engine back together and the timing was not set right and they had to tear it back down and adjust the timing. So they put it back together and it is still not idleing right. Then they call the tech hotline and tell them what is up and the tech hotline told them that the head must be defective and they will need to get another one and put it on. They asked them what if the replacement of the replacement does not work what will they do. The service manager said that they will probably have to put in a new engine. Any feedback on this wonderful problem would be appreciated.

Damon

pcdevore

Established Member
I have been through this with a Chevy truck. Once you replace another Head you are real close to the Lemon LAW. I would highly suggest requesting a new complete engine. This is an expensive truck and it should not be pieced together until it finally runs right. Tell them to do it once and do it right.

99BlkLitng

Established Member
i talked to the dealer again after i cooled off and he said that there has been some problems with the replacement heads and a new engine could be in my future if the next head they try does not work out. I hope that they decide to put a new engine in cause i do not want a pieced together $30K truck that might have this problem later on.

pcdevore

Established Member
Well it sounds like the dealer is helping you. I hope it all works out for you. I would still put on the pressure for the time line. Keep me posted on how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread