Replacement gas tank

03cobraracer

Established Member
Hey do you guys know where I can get the best deal on a new replacement gas tank? Mine won't stop leaking so I'm going to get a new one. Thanks.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Since you're in Georgia, give MPS Auto Salvage a call.. they're in Statham, GA (north east of Atlanta, near Athens). They normally have quite a few Terminators they are parting out so you may be able to get a reasonable replacement there.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah I think I'm just gonna go with a new tank. I don't even wanna chance getting a used one and having issues. This has been driving me nuts. I checked out on3 and they have a brand new tank for $239 and free shipping. I can't even get a used one that cheap.

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
It's still in the car currently. When I fill the car up at the gas station as soon as it hits full fuel starts pissing out under the car. It comes out around fuel hat. It has a FORE hat in it. Did this with another hat also. I've tried new gasket, double gasket, tighten shit out of hat bolts nothing works. Just keeps leaking. And have check engine light for a evap leak because of this issue. I'm done trying to fix this tank lol. I've dropped it at least 6 times and nothing works!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Sounds like you tried everything and the only logical fix is to ditch that stock tank for a sumped tank with an external pump and a full return system tuned on E85... :burnout:

03cobraracer

Established Member
Sounds like you tried everything and the only logical fix is to ditch that stock tank for a sumped tank with an external pump and a full return system tuned on E85... :burnout:

Lol nope not going that crazy. Just need another tank and I'll be good ha

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Sounds like you have a crack in a evap line. A new tank is not going to fix that issue. Find the crack and repair with some fuel grade vacuum hose.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I'm waiting to get a tank from a buddy locally hopefully this week and then I'll update it. I'm going to inspect every line under the car as well once I get tank out again.

Users who are viewing this thread