Replaced a half shaft?

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Am wondering how many people have purchased after market half shafts to avoid or fix broken shafts. Please speak up. I'm considering them but the are awfully expensive. Who knows of the best deal?

ssssnake

Established Member
I know RaceRat replaced her half shaft but I can't remember if she went back with stock or what. You might do a search on her threads in this forum and the terminator forum.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
WOW! $549.00 for a pair? I was looking at a set from a place in Fla. for $900.00!!! $549.00 for a paid is better than the price of two stock half shafts from the dealership. At that price, I might consider the preventative measure of replacing my half shafts for peice of mind.

What about clutches? Ever have any problem there?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
What about clutches? Ever have any problem there?
My stock clutch was slipping badly with 460rwhp. It wasn't badly worn but had a lot of hot spots.
We installed a spec II when the KB went in. Pulled the tranny last week and the Spec looks great after 4 months with 580-600rwhp.

fyi...the DSS is supposed to be working on an upgraded IRS including hubs. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
You might want to search the 03 forum. There are a ton of threads and opinions over there. :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I just ordered new '03 half shafts because I'm putting a new high bias T2R Torsen in my "R". The old axles won't work.

They listed for like $595.00 but I got them for $440.00 ($220.00 ea) with my SVTOA discount at the Ford dealer.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread