Repainted cobra value

slowsix

Established Member
Update - chassis has 106k on it.
Think the car is worth 20k ?
Fresh motor fresh paint built irs new clutch, etc.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I bought my cobra over many others because of the paint. When I bought it, it had just been repainted. Looks so much better than factory paint. If you plan on just driving the car I think 20k is fair assuming the drivetrain is good and built by a reputable shop. A full quality repaint should be around 5k so could be a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I bought my cobra over many others because of the paint. When I bought it, it had just been repainted. Looks so much better than factory paint. If you plan on just driving the car I think 20k is fair assuming the drivetrain is good and built by a reputable shop. A full quality repaint should be around 5k so could be a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

zredfire04

Established Member
New paint, new motor, built irs.

I wouldn't be concerned with the miles. As long as the paint and engine are done right it's worth every bit of $20k. People need to quit lowballing 16 year old cars that have been driven less than 10k miles a year imo.

My question would be why is he selling?

slowsix

Established Member
New paint, new motor, built irs.

I wouldn't be concerned with the miles. As long as the paint and engine are done right it's worth every bit of $20k. People need to quit lowballing 16 year old cars that have been driven less than 10k miles a year imo.

My question would be why is he selling?

He knows that I've been looking for a cobra for a few months and he has basically what I'm looking for.
He also has a saleen, a terminator swapped fox, a cobra vert that he is working on, and another mustang too I believe.
He said he probably doesn't need 6 cars lol

Users who are viewing this thread