Removing Wheel weight tape?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Darn tire shop put tape for the weights right on the outside side of rim right behind one of the spokes. Had Rims rebalanced and put the weights on far inside of rim so not visible. Tape is about 4 inches long and very visible.

Whats the best solution for removing that crap without destroying the finish on the rim?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
What kind of rims? An adhesive remover will work for you. You may have to let it 'soak' in a little and dwell to help break it down, but it should then be able to be wiped right off.

fearthesnake

Established Member
What kind of rims? An adhesive remover will work for you. You may have to let it 'soak' in a little and dwell to help break it down, but it should then be able to be wiped right off.
They are Vossen VFS6 Rims like below.

20" Vossen Wheels VFS6 Gloss Graphite Rims

So an adhesive remover or Lighter Fluid or Goo Gone will work? Any particular name for the Adhesive remover?

Thanks everyone for you help.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

M240Bravo

Established Member
Interesting and I can have soft, good smelling hands in the Process.

And when you are home alone you can use it for other things.

But really, I use it for tar, and big bugs. My mother showed me it years ago, no real rubbing or strapping to get stuff off using that stuff.

fearthesnake

Established Member
There is not a way...they're junk. You should get rid of them. PM me what you need for them...I'll recycle 'em.
Ha! When I'm ready to recycle this bucket of bolts, I'll let you know! LOL. Pics are 2 months old, need to have the car detailed and polished, wayyy overdue.
NewRimPassengerSide.jpg
NewRimsFront.jpg

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
And when you are home alone you can use it for other things.

But really, I use it for tar, and big bugs. My mother showed me it years ago, no real rubbing or strapping to get stuff off using that stuff.

It's the mineral oil that makes that Skin So Soft work.

I usually use eucalyptus oil to remove old adhesive. It also works on tree sap, motor oil, etc. on hands and you can even pre-treat grease stains on clothing with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a detailer so I'm just posting this video for review. Use at your own risk. But it seems to give good results.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Brake cleaner works quite well, you just want to try in a small area be sure doesnt eat the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread