Removing Track Pack/2017 Rear Spoiler

LUV2REV

Established Member
I have made the decision to remove the racing stripes on my 2016 Track Pack. In order to properly do it I want to remove the rear spoiler. Just curious to know if it's just the 2 bolts on each end that hold the spoiler on ? I believe there is some double sided tape as well, can anyone confirm where the tape is located ? Any helpful hints for those that have already removed their spoiler ?

blokblok

Established Member
There is also a bolt in the middle of the spoiler. In this video you can see how its all take apart:

Let me know how it goes, I just removed my stripes and still need to remove my spoiler to get the pieces under it.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I managed to get the spoiler off this week, it was pretty straight forward, just take your time. I masked off the trunk as shown in the video and used a small plastic drywall blade wrapped in a microfibre towel to loosen the adhesive along both the front and back edges of the spoiler. There are 4 bolts and 2 plastic clips that also hold the spoiler in place once you remove the trunk liner. Put a towel over the entire trunk when you're ready to lift the spoiler off if you don't have someone to help you (in case the spoiler jumps as the exposed bolts will damage the unprotected paint of the trunk). I used a hair dryer and my fingers to remove the adhesive left on the trunk lid and spoiler and some rubbing alcohol to get the final little bits. I tried using 3M adhesive remover and it just made a big mess. I picked up new 1/2" 3M moulding tape from a local body shop supplier and re-installed. I'm now stripe less and couldn't be happier, really changes the appearance of the car and no more scratches/water spots to deal with on the stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread