removing overspray

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
hey guys had a buddy of mine spay my fender and i now need to take off some over spray on my passenger door i was wondering what do you guys recommend for this

thank you

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Use a medium grade clay.

Clay Majic, Clearkote, Meguiar's, Mother's, etc. etc. all make bars that are readily available and work well.

Liquid Lustre wax should not remove overspray. I haven't seen that stuff in years (Knoxville rod run in '94) and didn't know it was still around. I remember them lighting a used cop car hood on fire, it was entertaining, but I don't think it was the best wax in the world by any stretch, though it did seem to have a fair amount of solvents in it.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
well all that is necessary is the spots with overspray...but it sounds like you havent not used a clay bar in a long time so it would most likely make a world of difference on your entire car....

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i dont know how indepth you are looking to take this, but if you clay bar the car, since that takes off the wax mostly anyways, it wouldnt hurt to wash with a dishsoap to remove all the wax completely to start. Then clay bar the car, and after that, you might check into a multi-stage detail, polishes and waxes, for a real deep shine that would most likely last you awhile. At least a couple coats of a decently thick long lasting wax (with ample time to dry in between applications) and then a coat or two of a quick wax so that if it does get rained on, the time spent on the heavy wax wasnt a waste and all you need to re apply is the top thin coat.

Users who are viewing this thread