Removing Lower Splash Shield?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Any negative effects to completely removing the lower splash shield. A few months ago I installed a K member and I attempted to zip tie the lower shied in place. We thought we secured it but today I quickly found out its not secured properly. During a datalog pull I noticed my hood shaking violently at high speeds. When I came home I looked under the car and all the zip ties I used ripped clean through the splash shield and it was flapping all around.

Have any of you removed this? I'm think about basically cutting it in half to see if I can keep the front portion mounted up. This piece gives the lower bumper a little rigidity and if possible id like to keep it. Then again if its not needed I can toss it out and be done with it. Thanks guys.

crjackson

Established Member
It caused a bevy of problems when removed from my wife’s 2014. She had violent hood shaking and cooling issues. I had to get a new one to alleviate the issues.

Luckily the one on MY 2014 is still intact.

It’s actually called an air-deflector AFAIK.

GModder

Established Member
I also changed my K and had the same problem. I later added a Laguna Seca splitter and a pair of Trackspec hood vents which completely fixed the problem. Just another avenue if you choose.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I forgot to update this thread. I ended up leaving the splash shield on. Punched a few more small holes in the bottom for more zip ties and she's not moving anymore.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread