Removing Front Struts... please help

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
so today, i lower and installed rear control arm in my 96 cobra.
Tomorrow i'll be installing strange adjustable front struts.
I can't find any write ups, can you guys please help.
My good buddy orlando gave me a good idea of how to proceed, but i'm more visual than anything else so pics would help.

pd: i searched and came back empty handed.
thanks.

NXCaaabra

wobblehead
Established Member
someone should be able ot help you out on here..... btw how much did u have to pay for the strange struts??

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
well.. still waiting for help. i was planing on doing them first thing tomorrow morning, but i guess it's not gonna happened.
I got the struts off of summitracing. best place period. might not be the cheapest, BUT their warranty is great. something goes back with the first 90 days.. or you simply don't like them, bahm.. you can send them back and get a full refund, no questions asked.
can't beat that.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
The struts are cake. I replaced both last weekend. First jack the front end up, and take off the tire. Then take the top bolt off that is at the top of the old strut. Then at the bottom of the strut, there are two bolts that hold the bottom of the strut in place, and a small plate that has the ABS line on it. Remove the nut holding on the plate, the remove the two bolts. Then it should slide right in.

When you go to put them on, put the top of the strut on first and put that bolt on. Then you'll have to raise the arm to make the strut's lower holes line back up. I put the front end up on stands and used a piece of wood and a jack to move the arm. I hope this helps.

95riosnake

Established Member
if you find a write-up for removing the springs, that gets you all the directions you need, then just add removing the two bolts that attach the strut to the spindle, and the one nut at the top of the strut. I replaced my struts a few weeks ago, pretty easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread