Removing Flowmasters 03 cobra

Mr_Cobra

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for some opinions and if possible videos. I currently have H-pipe with flowmaster catback. The sound of Flowmasters is not my thing (bough car like that), So I was thinking of removing the flowmasters and just welding a pipe in there. I would have a straight pipe from the H-pipe back. Does anyone have any experience as to how the sound would be if I do this? Any recommendations?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
That sure would be super loud! Kinda like the opposite of what you have right now.

There are catbacks that sound great with the stock h though, such as the borla stingers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If you want loud do an off road X, with either Borla ATAK, SLP LM1, or Borla Stingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Cobra

That sure would be super loud! Kinda like the opposite of what you have right now.

There are catbacks that sound great with the stock h though, such as the borla stingers.

I don't mind the loud part, I just don't want it to be too raspy, I don't want a hot rod sounding terminator lol. I saw some videos online of O/R X pipe with straight pipe and don't sound bad, would mine be louder or a lot different? I am planning on getting a good catback, I am just looking for the easiest/fastest way of getting rid of the Flowmaster sound.

MyTerms

Established Member

My car had flowmaster catback on it when I bought it and I hated the way it sounded. Previous cobra had Bassani and sounded great. After I got home with car I ordered a BBK o/r x pipe thinking it would help the flowmasters. They still sounded bad in my opinion so I cut them out and put straight pipe in which can be heard in attached video. It was waaayyy too loud. I ordered Borla Stinger cat back about a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread