Removing cast & camber plates?

CO_SVT

Established Member
I was wondering if there is anything that needs to be done when removing/reinstalling cast & camber plates. I am about to install my whipple and the plates are installed on top of my STB that needs to come off. Any help is appreciated.

Jefe

Established Member
Just remember what size spacers you used and what position they are in before taking them off. Maybe take a picture of the bolt orientation too so you can put them right back where it needs to be. Thats if you have already had it aligned after installing the CC plates

CO_SVT

Established Member
Will removing and leaving the STB off, that is under the plates, have an effect on the size of the spacers used?

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
How thick is the STB mouting bracket? Probably not enough to throw anything off too much. Get it aligned afterward and if its a problem they can fix it

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
How thick is the STB mouting bracket? Probably not enough to throw anything off too much. Get it aligned afterward and if its a problem they can fix it

That's what I was thinking. Worst case, use some painters tape and mark the plates orientation and use that until you can get it aligned.

Users who are viewing this thread