removable top cobra??

MKTSC

Established Member
anyone?? there was a reference to it in another post here. supposedly only 499 made??

JAVZCOBRA

Established Member
Yes they exist, however I think the number is more like 1000 not 499. A friend of mine has one down here. I believe they only made thm in 1995, and stopped due to cost.

yudloze

Established Member
yes this is true my friends grandfather as one its a black 95 with tan leather and only as 2,500 miles garage queen the top goes down and then u put the top on which i think is mad out of fiberglass

later
ryan

MKTSC

Established Member
wow just when i thought i knew everything about fords. guess you learn something new every day!

anybody have any pix??

93LITE

Established Member
Hardtop

Total includes 1003 Black/Saddle Leather Convertibles, 499 were equipped with a removeable hardtop option and this is the only year it was available

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I heard the rumor a while back that the option for the top was like $4500 extra, but that was a few years ago that I was told that. Someone feel free to correct me on that number.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I tried to get one before I got my 95 1-top Cobra. Even in 98, with mods, and average miles for the number of years that they had been out they were still asking sticker for them in the secondary market. Bah.

They're cool cars, but I only want one if they are reasonable. It doesn't even have to be perfect.

bond99

Established Member
dont know if anyone cares, but there was a company out that made the tops for those of you who had convertables and wanted the hardtops for them-used to see them all the time in MM&FF.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Their a company in Atlanta that makes them, but their like 1800.00 each I was thinking of making one myself and seeing what the total cost of investment was.

Users who are viewing this thread