Removable fenders on car trailer?

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
My car isn't so low that I can't get out of it but I have a few buddies that their car is low enough. How many of you guys have removable fenders on your trailer?i was. Thinking about making 4 brackets (2 for the front, 2 for the rear) and making it so I can just bolt them on. I was also thinking about adding a brace in the middle of the fender and drilling and tapping the frame to bolt the brace on. What are your thoughts?

Here is the progress of my trailer so far...
20130621_192728_zps0a54fcd4.jpg

Added the box with winch in it, a jack that is removable so I can use my tailgate, spare tire mounted in the front of the box and plenty of room for my straps and a small set of tools...

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Instead of bolting the fenders on, I'd use "hood pins". Easy on, easy off. Just an idea though.

coposrv

Established Member
Big wing nunts or cotter pins would be my choice. Good idea though. I like the removable jack too. I had a big dent in my tailgate from exactly that.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I would probably go with either wing nuts or just put the tools needed to take them off in the box. Yeah it sucks having a brand new truck and not being able to use the tailgate when hooked to the truck... we use it to sit at the track sometimes when we are back in the pits. I'd like to keep a cheap tool kit in the box anyway so I don't have to load them up when leaving for the track or trip if I'm taking one. I do take the trailer with me on trips, got one planned in the middle of July.

Users who are viewing this thread