Remotes working intermittently

spectreman

Established Member
About 2 weeks ago my 2008 Bullitt's OE remotes for lock/unlock/trunk/alarm started working only intermittently. I'm not sure I see a pattern in how its working/not working either. It seems so random, w/more times that it doesn't work than does.

There's been no mods to any electrical system in the car and I've tried all the obvious: the remote batteries have been swapped, the remotes internals have been cleaned since this all started, and the remotes have been reset.

The locksmith who does my keys has no clue and neither to do the Ford techs I talked to today at the local dealer. Their only advice was it was possibly some module that was off kilter and expensive to replace. They wanted me to drop it off for a service appointment but I politely declined.

I've searched the owner's manual, youtube and the internet to no avail in rectifying this. I see no obvious issues- like blown fuses or damaged wiring- and the only issue is the remotes, nothing else. Car starts/runs/performs fine and no other electrical type issues.

Any ideas on what it might be and how to fix? Yeah, it's a gremlin.
Thanks in advance.
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread