Remote tuning

SpeedRite

Established Member
I've been speaking with Lund recently, via email an one phone call. The problem is, he is very busy. I'm nervous my build will be complete before Lund has a chance to get a tune together for me, or worse yet before Cruisin' O.C. the end of May.

So my question is: aside from Lund, who do y'all recommend? I need the car safe and reliable by May 17th.

I would have gone with JPC for an actual dyno tune but they are booking reservations in July now. Will probably take it there to get any remote tune touched up.

Thanks!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Those guys are all good but they are not the only experienced Terminator tuners with an excellent reputation.

Amazon Racing .com Contact us in Anderson, South Carolina, for performance auto parts, performance chips, and Dyno Tuning - Home
I am not sure if all of these guys also do email tunes, but know Rick at Amazon does and I know he is exceedingly good at it. He also will assist you in setting up your data logs to capture what might need to be tweaked if anything might happen to need tweaking after you load the initial tune.
Rick has been doing Fords since well before the Terminators first came out.
Contact us in Anderson, South Carolina, for performance auto parts, performance chips, and Dyno Tuning - About Us :thumbsup:

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing
Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts
Livernois Motorsports: Specializing in Late Model Domestic Performance Parts

All of these guys are also paid supporting vendors, using one of them helps support the site and keeps the lights on.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I just purchased a remote tuning session with Eric Brooks this afternoon. He's supposed to be really good as younggun said. I'll let you know how quick his turnaround time is. So far his response time is very good. I submitted a request through his website late last night and heard back around 11:30 this morning.

What does your build consist of??

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
I just typed up a review of my experience with Eric Brooks, best $250 I've spent on the car so far... only had to go back and forth with me 4-5 times to get it dialed in and had it rolling and running good within a week.

scotts99snake

Established Member
Undoubtedly, I would go with Don LaSota at lasotaracing.com Excellent guy and super to deal with. IIRC, he wrote the SCT manual. He tuned my 99 Cobra after I procharged it and my 03 Cobra after I put the KB on it. After the KB install (and Don email tuning it) I took it to be dyno tuned anyway. I picked up roughly 4 hp....that's it. Remote or email tuning I would have him do any day.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I've been speaking with Lund recently, via email an one phone call. The problem is, he is very busy. I'm nervous my build will be complete before Lund has a chance to get a tune together for me, or worse yet before Cruisin' O.C. the end of May.

So my question is: aside from Lund, who do y'all recommend? I need the car safe and reliable by May 17th.

I would have gone with JPC for an actual dyno tune but they are booking reservations in July now. Will probably take it there to get any remote tune touched up.

Thanks!

You can accomplish a remote tuning session without using a dyno. Specific parameters will need to be datalogged and AF will need to be gathered by using a portable wideband and a hand held tuner. This can be done with street runs. If you have any questions about the process Rick will walk you through it.
He was one of the very first tuners to offer remote tuning and has been doing it for many years. We have also been specializing with the 03/04 Cobras since 2002 when they became available for sale. He has tuned and worked on literally thousands of them over the years.
I would be happy to have him call to discuss remote tuning with you if you want to PM your # to me.

SpeedRite

Established Member
PM sent. After reading your review linked to you signature i'm pretty positive I know who is tuning my car.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread