Remote tuning a supercharged 4v possible with SCT?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I finally decided to go with a vortech on my 01 Cobra. Before pulling the trigger, are there any remote tuners who can tune a supercharged 01? It seems everyone these days won't touch anything older than coyote. I have a SCT handheld.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is a wideband needed? The car in question is a completely stock 01 Cobra. I want to keep it very safe at around 400rwhp with a Vortech. Thank you.
Yes.

They need to monitor a/f ratio. It's not completely stock adding forced induction which requires more fuel.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Is a wideband needed? The car in question is a completely stock 01 Cobra. I want to keep it very safe at around 400rwhp with a Vortech. Thank you.

For start up, idle, and part throttle, closed loop ect can be tuned with out a wideband mostly. However for wot, or anything more than part throttle a wide band is needed. There's no way I would ever run your combo without a wideband and logging capability. Don is a good guy and super knowledgeable by the way. He really helped me get my feet under me when I was learning to tune.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
For start up, idle, and part throttle, closed loop ect can be tuned with out a wideband mostly. However for wot, or anything more than part throttle a wide band is needed. There's no way I would ever run your combo without a wideband and logging capability. Don is a good guy and super knowledgeable by the way. He really helped me get my feet under me when I was learning to tune.
Awesome. Just to clarify, I didn't put the supercharger yet. I just wanted to confirm tuning capabilities before doing so since I'm in a very rural area with a lack of tuning resources available

Users who are viewing this thread