Remote Tune / E-mail Tune

nitrojunk

Established Member
hey guys ,, I have an 03 with a 2.3 Whipple etc etc .. I was tuned at JDM on the dyno back in 2010 and made 650 rwh, it was tuned with Kooks LTH and High Flow Cats into Magnaflow.

ive recently had ARH headers installed with O/R X pipe .. Im assuming I now need a retune. I'm installing Innovative A/F dual lambda gages and will look for a remote tune.

Who's still doing them now a days that " WE ALL " trust lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
personally I'd just call JDM and ask, even if it needs anything they might be able to just send you a new version of your current tune.

nitrojunk

Established Member
you think they would honor something they tuned 12 years ago ? it was not tuned under my ownership ...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Unless you're getting a check engine light I doubt you'll need a retune. You just swapped one set of headers for another. Get the wideband installed and see where everything is at before worrying about a tune.

nitrojunk

Established Member
Well BJ no longer tunes anything older than 2007 .. Sleepy04 cant be found .. so only Michael Decipha Ponthieux is available

OldYeller

Established Member
Premium Member
Another vote for Decipha-he tuned my 04 recently, and it runs way smoother and better than it ever did. Super responsive as well!

11sec335i

Established Member
Just call Jim at JDM. If he has the strategy number of your tuner, he might be able to look at the tune. However, if you're just changing to a off road x, you just need mil eliminators. Jim just remote tuned my ported eaton, and its solid. He also tuned the car is like 2011 and was able to just adjust the file he had. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread