Remington files for bankruptcy

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I only own 2 Remington products in my lifetime one being a 870 12 ga. Police magnum pump shotgun and then a 1917 made M91 Mosin Nagant that was bought and shipped to Russia before the revolution and subsequent Red take over happen then it ended up being in Finland either when they declared independence in late 1917 or when the Winter War or Continuation war was being fought in WWII with the Soviets as a spoils of war until it was re imported into the US again during the late 90's

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I read they produced a huge number of firearms in anticipation of a Clinton victory and subsequent "run on guns." Now they're drowning in inventory.

They may have made that gamble, but they have been hurting for some time. They were also bought by a holding company, so who knows what games were played with loading debt and such.

Gravik

Established Member
Sad thing is liberals are claiming this is their doing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My 870 and 700 have been rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gravik

Established Member
Been wanting to get a shotgun. The 870 quality still good or best to find an older, used one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RLB01

Established Member
If you get a 870 go for the Wingmaster. I personally like the 1100 auto. they're not the best quality on the market but none feel better when you throw it up to your shoulder..

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
IMG_0466.JPG

Here's a family photo of all 3 US manufacturers and the rifles they produced for Czarist Russia in WWI from left to right

M1895 Winchester Russian Musket, New England Westinghouse M91 and then the Remington M91

Machdup1

Established Member
Remington 700 actions just need some gunsmith love to make them top tier.

nxhappy

Established Member
I have a few, they have been great weapons. Still stucks they are filing BK. We need more weapons ,not less =)

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Well that sucks.

I would like an 1100 model. But only have an 870 supermag. 1st shotgun and I am sure it will last a lifetime. Hope this doesnt happen to more companies. Although I am sure things lately are not helping

Users who are viewing this thread