Remember Your First Time? | SVTP Tool-Tech | GarageBOSS Drain Pans

Remember Your First Time? | SVTP Tool-Tech | GarageBOSS Drain Pans

GarageBOSS_001.jpg

We all have to start somewhere, and for many of us the first time we turned wrenches on one of our vehicles was to do routine maintenance like an oil change. That’s where I got my start, and it has led to a serious avoidance of lube-shops and mechanics that is still going strong today. Doing a little work in the garage is the next best thing to a vacation, and if you just spent your income tax refund on a VMP Supercharger or some-such go-fast part it may have to double as a vacation.

However, there’s a few things you need to in order to reach a new level of ratchet based zen. An understanding significant other help, cold beer is an absolute necessity, and the right tools can make all the difference. That’s why we’re starting a new weekly series of SVTP Tool-Tech Videos. We’ll be covering everything from basic hand tools, to specialty tools that can make the difference between a relaxing weekend install and an endless Hellscape of bleeding knuckles and foul language.

To get things kicked off I thought it would be a good idea to start with the basics. As mentioned, I got my start changing oil on my Ford Ranger. Castrol GTX 5W30 and a Motorcraft FL-820S were my friends, and once they hit 3,000 miles they found themselves committed to the dark recesses of my trusty oil drain pan. I had a bunch of different pans over the years, and they ranged in quality from decent to flimsy and leak prone.

GarageBOSS_004.jpg

One of the flimsier pans I've used over the years.

Enter Tru-Solv and their GarageBoss line of drain pans. They contacted us a while back and wanted us to review some of their products. I told them that other than not being a complete POS, the bar is not all that high for drain pans in most people’s minds. Still, they wanted our opinion so here we find ourselves.

GarageBOSS_002.jpg

Of all the GarageBoss pans we tested, this one was my favorite.

GarageBOSS_005.jpg

I stole this image from Amazon.
GarageBoss pans run the design gambit from ordinary, to sorta weird, to unique, to the best drain pan I’ve ever owned. However, one common thread running throughout all of their products is quality. The plastic used in their construction is thicker that typical, they feel more robust, and the caps have yet to have any leaking issues. Best of all they made in the USA, and we can all appreciate that. I’m impressed, and I’ll continue to use them. But don’t take my word for it, take a look at our first ever SVTP Tool-Tech Video and judge for yourself:

If you’re interested in the GarageBoss line of drain pans they are available from Amazon and other retailers. You can check out some of the pans we reviewed in the links below:

CLICK HERE For The Full GarageBOSS Line of Products

-SID297

Users who are viewing this thread