Reman engine question

Steve2050

Established Member
If Ford changes an engine on warranty for a Cobra who does the reman? Does SVT have anything to do with it? It was installed in mid 2006 so does it have the updated heads?
It seems my car had warranty work done at a Ford dealer but a reman was used. The previous owner was not happy with the head repalcement(tick issue) so they swapped the entire motor.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
The engine should definitely have '05 heads. The reman'd engine that was in my car (replaced because of head tick) was built late '05 and it had the updated heads. Just look at the serial numbers on the driver side head and that will tell you the story.

Not 100% sure who rebuilds the engines but mine failed a couple months ago. Not sure if it was the fault of the engine itself yet or some other failure that lead to a lean condition. Gotta get my new engine in god damn!!!

Steve2050

Established Member
I'm gonna call SVT tommorow to ask who does the reman. It runs like a top, just hope it stays together.:rolling:

03yellow

Established Member
mine was built in 07.. new heads. the valve covers looked like they were painted with spray paint . I had them powered coated and took my builder plate off the old valve cover and put it on the new cover. I have paper work at home: i'm traveling now. Will check the paperwork on rebuilt motor.
First thing I did was the head cooling mod.
17,000 miles... no tick...no smoke

I'm gonna call SVT tommorow to ask who does the reman. It runs like a top, just hope it stays together.:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread