"refreshing" your drag radials?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i was talking to a friend and he was saying that every so often he will do a short little burnout with his drag radials to "keep em biting"....but these are street tires for him with RARE track use.
after he mentioned it i noticed that my 295 BFG g-force t/a drag radials are feeling very smooth and almost as if they have picked up a lot of oil from the road. do any of ya'll do this? it makes sense but its just not something i've ever thought about
-tony

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I don't know if it will "keep them biting", but this is common track use prep. Just a little clean off rip through first and you'll get most of the dirt/oil and might "freshen" them up if you want to call it that. Did this with my Victoracers to keep them in good shape.

I dunno about driving around in Houston with DRs though. Too much rain and damn, its hard enough keeping my car straight when its dry!! And I have half the friggin' torque you do!!!

How much boost do you see?

Brad

Banned
No, sounds like a good way to waste your tires. I'd spin them up in a racing situation to increase the temp and blow anything on them off, but to just stage a burnout to clean them off for daily driving is retarded.

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
I refresh mine on a daily basis....for 40 yards through second :rockon: Stab the throttle on the freeway and "refresh" the tires so the rice know what they are dealin with :thumbsup:

My BFG's lasted just over 1k...too fun to romp on em w/ no wheel hop.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Mine get this daily, like when I pass someone WOT in 2nd and she starts dancing from 4K on to 3rd. This on MT DR's and dry pavement. Damn I love this car!

Users who are viewing this thread