Refinancing - Points vs No Points

nickf2005

Established Member
That van wink, my man

Posts and likes are not mine.
Had my first a few weeks ago on the trail... was the best tasting drink I've ever had.

I have two buddies who have gotten me into the scene the last year. The shelves belong to one... bar another.

I think there is a bourbon thread floating around, but maybe it's time for a new one.
20201006_145806.jpeg
20201103_191526.jpeg
20201103_191538.jpeg
20200905_174656.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickf2005

Established Member
For ****s sake...

I have a pretty nice bar, but it doesn’t look like that.
I know.... the guy who has the white shelves has been in it for a while. Those are just his unopened bottles. He treated us to a tasting two weekends ago...

That Blanton's Straight From the Barrel was killer. The OF SiB was quite the surprise as well.

Sorry, as I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
20201108_115036.jpeg
20201108_130304.jpeg

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Just closed on a VA IRRRL refinance, took 13 days, got 2.25%/30 no points. After lender's credits and current escrow refund it will have cost about $3k so should break even in 1 year.

nxhappy

Established Member
"buying" a point is such a scam, just a way for them to make money. Remember, YOU have the balls and decision making, tell the bank to **** off. PLENTY of lenders out there, who will take a 15 year loan WITHOUT points paid. You should be able to find ZERO closing costs and zero points paid.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
"buying" a point is such a scam, just a way for them to make money. Remember, YOU have the balls and decision making, tell the bank to **** off. PLENTY of lenders out there, who will take a 15 year loan WITHOUT points paid. You should be able to find ZERO closing costs and zero points paid.

15 years @ 2.375 Par rate... 0 points

But, if I can drop a couple grand up front to lower a 211,000 loan a half percentage point.... I think it’s worth it.

This is the house my wife and I are going to be in for awhile.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Talked to Securitas, and they're at a 2.375
For a point and 4/10s, or 2900 dollars, we can go down to 1.99%
Closing costs under 2500.
That’s looking awfully tempting.
My wife is hung up on the “points” and how there must be a negative to them, like strings attached or something. Anyone else here used them and have feedback?
@nickf2005
points in your case are simply interest paid upfront rather than over the life of the loan. it lowers your payments and provides the bank with more money up front.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
How long has the refinancing been taking for everyone?

Mine took 3 months but the loan advisor was retarded. Holding up the process cause he couldn't read the dates on my paystubs.
"Why are the numbers different?" On paystubs submitted in July and then in early September...

But at least when it came to closing the interest rate got dropped 0.5% due to newer market rates so can't complain there.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Had my first a few weeks ago on the trail... was the best tasting drink I've ever had.

I have two buddies who have gotten me into the scene the last year. The shelves belong to one... bar another.

I think there is a bourbon thread floating around, but maybe it's time for a new one.

Me and a couple buddies spent a few days in Lexington the other week. Didn't get to do too many tours/tastings as everything was either booked or closed but Maker's Mark was incredible. I'd love to go back and hit some of the others we missed. Those are some great looking bars

Users who are viewing this thread