Refill & Burp the Coolant System Properly

2003 Venomous

Established Member
I replaced my t-stat with a Reische 170* and followed these directions to a tee. I then went on a 1000 mile road trip two days later and I must admit, I was scared from all the horror stories guys have. I am happy to report, no problems, this write up worked flawlessly and my car runs cooler with the fan mod as well. Thanks for a great product.

Chris

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Just so i'm sure, after I have initially burped the system and I know I have all of the air pockets out...it is okay to check the coolant level by removing the fill cap and add as needed..but no need to re burp the system...I just want to make sure I'm not reintroducing air into the system by doing this.
Thanks,

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as the crossover plug is closed, opening the reservoir will not put air in the system. Just keep in mind that the reservoir cannot be trusted to indicate overall coolant level, there still can be large air pockets in the system even with the reservoir level showing full.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Thanks Jim...I was asking the otherway around though..is it okay to open the fill plug at any point in time (with resevoir cap closed) and not introduce air into the system?

Users who are viewing this thread