Redirects

SteveWK

Established Member
I seem to be getting redirects only from this site. It doesn't happen on every site link. All of the redirects are spam for updating Adobe, saying I have a virus, and etc. Probably all malicious.

I am running macOS Catalina using Safari 13.0.2. I am almost certain I am not infected with anything. I have run various malware scanners and they all come up clean. Just wanted to point this out since it could be a problem on your server.

Edit: Just saw the "Bad Ads" thread pinned above. This probably belongs there.

Thanks,
Steve

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's an ad network issue. We try to kill the bad ads as fast as we can. The more info you can give when it happens the faster we can eliminate it.

SteveWK

Established Member
It's an ad network issue. We try to kill the bad ads as fast as we can. The more info you can give when it happens the faster we can eliminate it.

Would a screen shot be useful along with a copy of the redirected url? You guys have a great site with lots of useful information. Just let me know what you need.

Steve

SteveWK

Established Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.43.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.43.52 AM.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 221

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Related to the issue, I've been getting a lot of re-directs (Chrome browser) but none that are malicious as far as I can tell. If I do a search with Google for a product and click on, say, a link to a manufacturer's website, I get re-directed to a 3rd party selling that product or a similar product. Click the Google link a second time and I properly go to the correct URL. I've check all of my browser settings and found nothing. Scans with Bitdefender come up zero. Very frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread